lack of serious martial artists

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why are you projecting :^)

You're getting angry and turned to some internet catty woman. When's the last time you were in a male space? Why can't you be angry without self-denial? Everyone gets angry but you can't handle that feeling or direct it towards anything productive. You want to DO something but. . . can't? Maybe you're just wrong then.
It's clear I'm being nothing but logical here and making good points. I don't mean reductive and deductive I mean LOGICAL. BIG BRAIN. I'm being quite damn reasonable.

My dear, I'm not angry and your remarks don't bother me at all, I'm concerned now that you are irrational.

At best you are making a fool of yourself, at worse you sound like someone having a breakdown.

I was hoping you were trolling which would be a reasonable thing in this day and age, I suspect something else now, and I'm sorry. I'm not going to engage with you again tonight, I'm off to bed but I hope you feel calmer after some reflection.

Diagen

Blue Belt
Reaction score
My dear, I'm not angry and your remarks don't bother me at all, I'm concerned now that you are irrational.

At best you are making a fool of yourself, at worse you sound like someone having a breakdown.

I was hoping you were trolling which would be a reasonable thing in this day and age, I suspect something else now, and I'm sorry. I'm not going to engage with you again tonight, I'm off to bed but I hope you feel calmer after some reflection.
I will just have to point out that you are biased as a woman. Men generally explode, women implode. It would take a bit more work to get you to agree with me but I can manage that. Perhaps I am breaking out? Exploding upward?
You don't seem to be a fighter so I don't even see the point of this conversation haha! What are you arguing with me for ??

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who wants to tell him about same sex marriages and female combatants ?

Diagen

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Who wants to tell him about same sex marriages and female combatants ?
You'll never become a great fighter without anger I assure you. It's just a human emotion I don't see the argument at all, seems to be socially or egoicly based without real logic relevant to the topic and goal. Perhaps anger brings something up inside? This is what happens with emotions you see, so it makes sense that you would resist if it brings up something or disrupts your life in a way you can't handle. Just how it works.
Now often times these are circumstances and self-concepts that are challenged by emotions such as anger. You don't want that so you resist the emotion.
Are the motivations social? "None of your business!" haha!

Diagen

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Now sociological and egoic things can be handled quite simply and that is by HANDLING the anger. You just adapt and conquer it. Simple as that. No need to OVERDO it because that's not the point. If you can berserk on command, full rage and axe swinging, then you have conquered anger to a good degree on the physical level. On the mental level there is also anger and the conquering of such.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will just have to point out that you are biased as a woman. Men generally explode, women implode. It would take a bit more work to get you to agree with me but I can manage that. Perhaps I am breaking out? Exploding upward?
You don't seem to be a fighter so I don't even see the point of this conversation haha! What are you arguing with me for ??
Oh bugger it,
silly boy, I'm a military veteran, served in warzones, spent more time with men than you have, women don't implode, ask any straight man. After I came out I went into another job with the MoD, spent another twenty years with even more men. In the British military same sex marriages are perfectly legal, has been for over twenty years so you shouldn't have assumed I was female.
I've fought full contact karate and kickboxing, I've broken countless fights up, wrestled Fijian soldiers when arresting them. British squaddies fight for fun not through anger. I teach squaddies, MMA and unarmed combat, yep even at my great age. Do not mistake my gender for weakness.

Do not patronise me either pipsqueak, I can KO you in many ways, remember, old and sneaky beats young and fit anyday. I know people, it was my job, part of my military training was as an interrogator and damn I was good 😁. I know the minds of men and women and yours, my dear boy is warped. Now, foxtrot oscar and when you get there foxtrot oscar again.

MadMartigan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
620_72515.jpg

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
How is it more effective? Mike Tyson. Literally can't get a god damn conversation about that. You all say anger is bad. He uses anger. He's better than all of you. Care to explain? Please.
You are getting heated and want to end the argument haha I am completely open to discussion! We're reaching the point where you're angry and if it continues you'll concede that I'm right or blow the f up!

You assume to much, I'm not heated at all, and you are only open to discussion if that discussion does not counter, or contradict what you are saying....I'm not at all angry, just don't see any reason to allow you to waste my time.

Here, read this and maybe you'll understand what happening, click to expand and read the entire quotation

From the book - Zen in the Martial Arts by Joe Hyams
Chapter Title “Do Not Disturb”

This is from a conversation between Joe Hyams, Sterling Silliphant and Bruce Lee
On one such occasion we talked about the difference between wasting time and spending time. Bruce was the first to speak.
“To spend time is to pass it in a specific manner” he said. “We are spending it during lessons just as we are spending it now in conversation. To waste time is to expend it thoughtlessly or carelessly. We all have time to either spend or waste and it is our decision what to do with it. But once passed, it is gone forever.

“It is the most precious commodity we have, “agreed Sterling. “I always view my time as divided into infinite moments or transactions or contacts. Anyone who steals my time is stealing my life because they are taking my existence from me. As I get older, I realize that time is the only thing I have left. So when someone comes to me with a project, I estimate the time it will take me to do it and then ask myself, ‘Do I want to spend weeks or months of what little time I have on this project? Is it worth it or is it wasting my time?’ If I consider the project time-worthy I do it.

“I apply this same yardstick to my social relations. I will not permit people to steal my time. I have limited my friends to those people with whom time passes happily. There are moments in my life - necessary moments - when I don’t do anything but what is my choice. The choice of how I spend my time is mine, and it is not dictated by social convention”

After Sterling finished talking, Bruce looked into space for a few moments. When he finally spoke, it was to ask if he could make a telephone call.

When he came back, Bruce was smiling. “I just cancelled an appointment.” he said. “It was with someone who wanted to waste my time and not help me spend it”

You see, you're someone who wants to waste my time and not help me spend it...have a nice day

Diagen

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Oh bugger it,
silly boy, I'm a military veteran, served in warzones, spent more time with men than you have, women don't implode, ask any straight man. After I came out I went into another job with the MoD, spent another twenty years with even more men. In the British military same sex marriages are perfectly legal, has been for over twenty years so you shouldn't have assumed I was female.
I've fought full contact karate and kickboxing, I've broken countless fights up, wrestled Fijian soldiers when arresting them. British squaddies fight for fun not through anger. I teach squaddies, MMA and unarmed combat, yep even at my great age. Do not mistake my gender for weakness.

Do not patronise me either pipsqueak, I can KO you in many ways, remember, old and sneaky beats young and fit anyday. I know people, it was my job, part of my military training was as an interrogator and damn I was good 😁. I know the minds of men and women and yours, my dear boy is warped. Now, foxtrot oscar and when you get there foxtrot oscar again.
You mistake the existence of independent thought and mind for it being warped. I doubt any of what you're saying has relevance given that none of the people you've known could fight world class. Maybe with years of diligent training and the goal set but as it were none of them were world class and you have no clue what goes into becoming world class psychologically haha! Talk about irrelevant.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You mistake the existence of independent thought and mind for it being warped. I doubt any of what you're saying has relevance given that none of the people you've known could fight world class. Maybe with years of diligent training and the goal set but as it were none of them were world class and you have no clue what goes into becoming world class psychologically haha! Talk about irrelevant.
You make a lot of assumptions. Not very open.

Diagen

Blue Belt
Reaction score

Accusing someone of trolling or not being genuine is one way of not engaging with what they're saying. Good way to not have any productive discussion: refuse to talk to those you disagree with. You and no one here has found a way of engaging with the points I've raised or questioned their own beliefs. I have addressed everything directed at me.
Again, do any of you know what goes into becoming world class psychologically? Mentally? No. Yet you shut down all thought on the matter. You just give trite rehashed crap about what one should and shouldn't do even though it has gotten none of you to world class. You can't even tell me what's wrong with the reasonable assertion that anger gets you to the top. All of you are trying to remove anger but top fighters use it.
Having my own mind and not backing down doesn't make me a troll it makes you all too stupid to recognize that I have a point. I assume you all have your interior motivations for denying anger, it's anti-social. So is fighting. If you think otherwise you cannot become a great fighter. One literally attacks others. That's fighting. That's just what it is, there is no denying it. You can rationalize all you want but it's a primitive thing.

Just because you want it to be another way doesn't make it so. Use reason all you want but it's faulty. You have to concede that anger is inherent in fighting. Someone being angry isn't suppose to be humiliating; if I say you're angry it doesn't mean you should be ashamed of yourself, that's the very point I'm trying to make but it's not registering with you lot. There are lurkers (readers) that aren't posting that agree though, that's for sure!

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's easy to contradict me with a single post. If any of you know someone who could beat prime Mike Tyson let me know because I am INTERESTED
You made the assumption no one here could. No one here can prove either way if we could or not, as Mike Tyson's no longer in his prime.

Diagen

Blue Belt
Reaction score
You made the assumption no one here could. No one here can prove either way if we could or not, as Mike Tyson's no longer in his prime.
I get the critique. Still, one can get an accurate look at performance and start breaking things down and start a conversation! The more rigorous and intensive the better!

Diagen

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Also I have people telling me about their experience and how I'm wrong about anger being useful when Mike Tyson is self-evidently an angry fighter with brutal aggression. How the hell are these people any good? Haha! If they learned anything from amazing fighters they would recognize its use in the better ones. Logically it's safe to assume no one here that was trying to argue with me on the point of the usefulness of anger have any clue what goes into becoming a great fighter.
Now if someone that agrees with me wants to talk about what goes into become the greatest fighter I think we'd hear something very different than the responses I've been getting.

I don't think Mike Tyson has any chance in

- wrestling match,
- ground game,
- sword fight,
Haha sword fight. Okay. In a wrestling match he definitely has a chance man, but you can get 220 lbs BJJ world champs going up against him so who knows, but it's clear as day that physical prowess and aggression or general physicality (athleticism and aggression that you may call assertiveness given that it's wrestling and not striking) is the critical determinant in the outcome. Now for the very explicit and real usefulness of anger: that would boil down to a technical matter as one must employ anger best they may without detriment, and this is different from HATE which has a different sort of force to it. However calm someone seems on the outside the physicality and actions of that person suggests anger and/ or hate.
With every kind of physicality there is a suggestion of an emotional disposition. Misery and Fear and Worry all lead to a different physicality! To work harder and harder and to be a true martial artist I don't believe it is so much hate, misery, fear, or worry but anger that drives one.

You can say you are not motivated by negative emotions but what are you trying to prove? To lack negativity is dysfunction. If someone kills you and you're okay with that, are you superior? Have you "won"? Is your life better? Negative emotions are what they are haha! It's called being alive. If one says positive is good and negative is bad, they are not addressing the big picture here. I haven't suggested pure negativity or pure positivity even, just that one must orient according to these principles.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Also I have people telling me about their experience and how I'm wrong about anger being useful when Mike Tyson is self-evidently an angry fighter with brutal aggression. How the hell are these people any good? Haha! If they learned anything from amazing fighters they would recognize its use in the better ones. Logically it's safe to assume no one here that was trying to argue with me on the point of the usefulness of anger have any clue what goes into becoming a great fighter.
Now if someone that agrees with me wants to talk about what goes into become the greatest fighter I think we'd hear something very different than the responses I've been getting.
So only people who agree with you, a non-fighter, can be a good fighter, while all those who don't, must automatically not have any clue about fighting? Impressive.

Diagen

Blue Belt
Reaction score
So only people who agree with you, a non-fighter, can be a good fighter, while all those who don't, must automatically not have any clue about fighting? Impressive.
ADDRESS THE TOPIC
TELL ME HOW this discussion isn't about Mike Tyson, physicality and the Role of Anger. Stop side stepping the actual topic. JFC. MIKE TYSON. PHYSICALITY. ANGER. Please.

Latest Discussions