Kyusho Jitsu

Matt Stone

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Matt Stone said:
Getting snippy are we? :rolleyes:

If George ever ends up out this way, or even his students, I wouldn't have a problem paying to attend their seminar. I'd go in with an open mind, believe me. But it boils down to "show me or blow me," and I know the difference between a Jedi love tap and being hit hard enough to KO me anyway (which is something I remember being said about George - one person wasn't sure if it was kyusho or just the fact that George hit like a mule that KOd him in the end...)...

But until that time... I remain unconvinced.

Ooooh, some real tough guy did it again... I got dinged in my reputation points because I posted the above comments.

Y'know, giving me "bad" rep points just spurs me on... It lets me know that what I'm saying it getting to someone. God, I hope so... Maybe then the BS will come to a screeching halt.

Interestingly enough, our man PPKO is posting the exact same thread on www.budoseek.com, www.martialartsplanet.com, and who knows where else... Also interestingly enough, he's being questioned at those forums as well, and is failing to answer any questions posed regarding the validity of his claims.

If it looks like a duck, quacks, and is waterproof, there's a good chance no tough KOs don't work, y'know?

But, some folks like to believe in things even in the face of evidence to the contrary. If it were something I believed worked, I'd put it to the test to evaluate its effectiveness rather than getting defensive and running away. But that's just me, and I'm a big bad man that gives MA a bad name...

%-}

Matt Stone

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Just to clarify something...

I could give two flying sh|ts about my reputation points. People will know me and form opinions on my based on what I write. If they agree, great. If not, hopefully they'll take me to task on my disagreements and we can further explore the issue and perhaps come to a greater understanding of the issue because of it.

But ding my points all you like... My issue is with quailing whiners tagging me with negative points because I'm such a meanie... Grow some functioning glands and address my comments in public rather than skulking behind the scenes poking sticks in an ineffective attempt at "counting coup."

Still waiting for answers to my earlier questions... Maybe PPKO is too busy defending himself on other boards to reply here...? :idunno:

T

Turbo

Why don't people stop talking about "My Instructor /Your Instructor" B.S. and talk about application of KYUSHO/DIM MAK!
If we have a different opinion when it comes to application, we can trained the different ideas and post honest results....we might actually get somewhere like that....I too am waiting to have questions answered. Whats the point of being on a forum to discuss KYUSHO JITSU if no one is going to try and answer questions.....Every board I go to about kyusho is full of guys blowing smoke up my butt, telling only part of the information needed or they just can't say I DONT KNOW!

Someone who knows something should give us information that will help someone learn something...instead of preaching about crap that dont matter, JUST PUT UP OR SHUT UP! People want to learn not listen to people complain and wine....

Turbo

OP
ppko

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Turbo said:
Why don't people stop talking about "My Instructor /Your Instructor" B.S. and talk about application of KYUSHO/DIM MAK!
If we have a different opinion when it comes to application, we can trained the different ideas and post honest results....we might actually get somewhere like that....I too am waiting to have questions answered. Whats the point of being on a forum to discuss KYUSHO JITSU if no one is going to try and answer questions.....Every board I go to about kyusho is full of guys blowing smoke up my butt, telling only part of the information needed or they just can't say I DONT KNOW!

Someone who knows something should give us information that will help someone learn something...instead of preaching about crap that dont matter, JUST PUT UP OR SHUT UP! People want to learn not listen to people complain and wine....

Turbo
What questions were you wanting answered taht have been left unanswered.
I have no problem with answering questions some people just have a problem with me because I am DKI and I refuse to answer anything when they will attack DKI or me.

PPKO

T

Turbo

PPKO,
I wasnt directing that at you! I asked Mike about the depth of the strike I should lay on GB20 and he just wants to rip you and talk about DKI, Who cares about affiliation.......I dont care if you DKI, KI, DSI, what ever I just want to learn more about KYUSHO.

MIKE,
I think you made it clear you dont like DKI, or there concepts lets just discuss the points and application....I asked you a question and all you wanted to comment about was DKI this, PPKO that....How much depth do I need to hit the GB20 with??? Mike what is your background, and where do you train?

You guys need to kiss and make up so we can learn something!

Turbo

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Robert,

Thank You for your reply.

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Matt Stone said:
But, some folks like to believe in things even in the face of evidence to the contrary.
I still believe in The easter Bunny & Santa Clause............:ultracool

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Turbo said:

Turbo
I too am waiting tho have my questions answered that I directly askedd ppko about kyusho. He said he would answer any serious questions on kyusho so I asked some.
It seems the questions must have been out of his league:idunno: since he has yet to answer a single serious question I and several others have asked.

Matt Stone

Master of Arts
Reaction score
UPDATE

It appears that Robert and I have been specifically named in PPKO's thread over at Martial Arts Planet. Not sure what that means, but given that I'm not even a member over there, it is kind of neat to see my name tossed around the internet!

In all honesty, though, my name was being tossed around Cyberkwoon a few weeks ago in a not-so-good light by someone who disagreed with my training methodology.

So I guess things are "cosmically balanced" now...

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Matt Stone said:
UPDATE

It appears that Robert and I have been specifically named in PPKO's thread over at Martial Arts Planet. Not sure what that means, but given that I'm not even a member over there, it is kind of neat to see my name tossed around the internet!

In all honesty, though, my name was being tossed around Cyberkwoon a few weeks ago in a not-so-good light by someone who disagreed with my training methodology.

So I guess things are "cosmically balanced" now...
Can you post a link to where this thread is on Martial Arts Planet?

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Matt Stone said:
UPDATE
Matt,

There will always be those people that have an issue with people that train sincerely with a pragmatic approach.

Matt Stone

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I won't rehash the argument... Suffice it to say that there are some folks, even among the hard core MMA crowd, that think occasional falls/throws on concrete (with breakfalls), hardwood floors, etc., sparring without "pillow pads" and other protective gear, and other assorted standards of Yiliquan training are a tad too extreme...

One individual questioned the intelligence of training as hard as we do, and attempted to link the injuries that several of our senior people have with our training (the fact that our injuries predate our training, and that our training is what allows us to cope with our injuries and keep going was lost entirely).

In the end I managed to reach an amicable agreement with the person in question, so everybody is happy and life goes on.

This is the second time I have heard my name mentioned on the internet in a conversation I wasn't part of... Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!!! LOL :boing2: :boing2:

Aegis

Purple Belt
Reaction score
RRouuselot said:
Can you post a link to where this thread is on Martial Arts Planet?
Robert: http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15448 gets you to the thread where you and Matt are mentioned by one of our members. I also posted a new perspective, at least from my point of view, which I'll repeat here to ensure that my post has something to offer the site other than just a link

I was out at a ball last night, and probably the most amusing thing there was the comedy hypnotist. He was getting people to do all sorts of really funny stuff, like one guy who he made believe he could do Taekwondo but also that his opponent had a forcefield 2 inches around his body. Results were hilarious.

Why am I mentioning this in a thread on light/no touch knockouts? Well, while I was watching the show, there was a point at which the hypnotist had got everyone into a standing trance and then proceeded to go up to each person, whisper what he was about to do and then lightly touched them, at which point they dropped to the floor in a deep hypnotic state. Later in the show he did a similar trick on a seated candidate (already hynotised) but using an imaginary "hypnosis basketball" rather than actually touching her. These results reminded me very much of the light and no-touch knockouts I've seen, which leads me to believe that these amazing feats are nothing more than a weird form of post-hypnotic suggestion. If this gets on anyone's nerves, I can understand why, but the fact that a stage hypnotist with no obvious martial arts experience can repeat the feats done by martial arts masters using a more plausible explanation makes me think that there is some form of hypnosis going on. This would also explain why these techniques rarely work on people who don't believe or want to believe that the techniques will work....

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Thanks for the link:cheers:

Well it seems more than a few folks on Martialtalk, Buoseek, as well as Martial Arts Planet are not buying what ppko is try to sell.
I wonder if that is buy coincidence, happenstance, or just bad plain ol’ bad luck.......... :uhyeah:

T

Turbo

Does anyone here have any of Erle Montaigues Tapes and if so what do you think? Turbo

Latest Discussions