Kung fu demonstration against grappling

yipman_sifu

Blue Belt
Reaction score
7starmantis said:
Exactly, he did absolutely nothing and Royce did; thus the turnout. Even when rolling with Royce he did nothing. I saw nothing that could be described as CMA or any style for that matter, he didn't do a thing.

I train with a guy who fought undercard in a few UFC events and he has rolled with Royce, he said its like water. Royce has the principles of it down so well, he said it doesn't matter which way you go he's allready there.

7sm

I liked something about the Royce fighting concepts. It is like Wing Chun when it comes to not use force against force. He was able to use opponents force against them even if they weighted above 250Ibs. That's really nice and logical.

green meanie

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
yipman_sifu said:
I liked something about the Royce fighting concepts. It is like Wing Chun when it comes to not use force against force. He was able to use opponents force against them even if they weighted above 250Ibs. That's really nice and logical.

That's how Jujitsu's supposed to be, it is the art of 'Ju' after all. But it's certainly not the only art to apply this philosophy to their fighting strategy.

yipman_sifu

Blue Belt
Reaction score
green meanie said:
That's how Jujitsu's supposed to be, it is the art of 'Ju' after all. But it's certainly not the only art to apply this philosophy to their fighting strategy.

Wing Chun, Jujitsu, Aikido, Tai Chi (but not as the normal way, very advanced), and Hapkido.

They all use the same concepts of borrowing force.

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
haha
that's hilarious
contemporary wushu that is!
this guy was overwhelmed that he did not know what to do. he was busy trying not to go on the ground, and he forgot all the organs that he could have hit. oh man, that was a perfect "steal the peach" situation, hand, groin, done!
poor guy!

what i think is totally not fair is the commentator. who told that guy that kung fu only trains ONE group of techniques!

it was funny tho.. thanks for rubbing it in our faces!

Latest Discussions