Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Freestyle Tech Videos
By shihansmurf - 05-04-2011 05:26 PM
Originally Posted at: KenpoTalk

====================

Hi,

I posted this over on MT but I thought I'd put it up over here as well.

I am looking for videos on the freestyle techniques. The school where I trained didn't use them and, although I've read some good descriptions of them and have them in the belt manuals, I would like to find some good video resources. Has anyone release tapes on this?

Now, as a note. I understand that there are lots of floks out there who don't agree with any sort of video training. Got it. I would rather avoid yet another debate on the merits and value of videos, I'm just looking for some good resources on this aspect of kenpo.

Any insights on this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Mark

P.S. I own the Freestyle vids from the IKCA guys. Great stuff but not quite what I'm trying to find.

Read More...

------------------------------------
KenpoTalk.com Post Bot - Kenpo Feed

OKenpo942

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Freestyle Tech Videos
By shihansmurf - 05-04-2011 05:26 PM
Originally Posted at: KenpoTalk
====================

Hi,

I posted this over on MT but I thought I'd put it up over here as well.

I am looking for videos on the freestyle techniques. The school where I trained didn't use them and, although I've read some good descriptions of them and have them in the belt manuals, I would like to find some good video resources. Has anyone release tapes on this?

Now, as a note. I understand that there are lots of floks out there who don't agree with any sort of video training. Got it. I would rather avoid yet another debate on the merits and value of videos, I'm just looking for some good resources on this aspect of kenpo.

Any insights on this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Mark

P.S. I own the Freestyle vids from the IKCA guys. Great stuff but not quite what I'm trying to find.

Read More...

------------------------------------
KenpoTalk.com Post Bot - Kenpo Feed

I started training in the mid eighties in southern California and had the honor of meeting and training with many of the "seniors" mentioned in these threads. I was never introduced to any of the freestyle techniques back then. Probably due to their ineffectiveness and difficulty in teaching and implementation.

To this day, my instructor, who has been teaching the original 32 technique system for over 35 years still does not teach them. There must be a valid reason for this as he is definitely an "old school" Kenpo guy.

Thanks,

James

Latest Discussions