Korean Styles List

• Thread starter Hu Ren Qianzai Long
  • Start date
H

Hu Ren Qianzai Long

Check out this list of Korean martial art styles! If you Have any Ideas, requests,or additions, Just Post them on this thread and I'll put them in as soon as possible.

Hap Ki Do
Hup Kwon Do
Hwa Rang Do
Kuk Sul Do
Kum Do
Kuk Sool Won
Kwon Pup
Ma Sool
Moo Do
Tae Kwon Do
Tae Kyan
Tae Soo Do
Tang Soo Do
Tukong Moosul
Yudo
Han Pul
Kong Soo Do
Han Mu Do
Kung Sul
Soo Bahk Do
Hoshinsul
Haidong Gumdul
Ship Pal Ki
Yu Sool
Moo Duk Kwan
Kun Gek Do
Choson Do
Zen Kwon Do

OP
M

Miekka mestari

...well I dont have any experience of those art. At this moment Han Moo Do is practised only in Finland, it's new art and founder lives in Finland.

Link to Hoi Jeon Moo Sool site:
http://www.hjms.com

There's some information of tolkido in Finnish Tolkido-federation
site: http://www.tolkido.com/

OP
M

MartialArtist

Choi Kwan Do - New revision from tae kwon do. The founder thought TKD was getting too commercialized for sport. He was a military TKD practitioner but he didn't want to be associated with TKD in the sense that one version (sport) is being too commercialized. To avoid confusion, he basically took military TKD, added some more submission moves from hapkido and jujitsu and called it Choi Kwan Do.

OP
F

fissure

I'm going to go out on a limb, and guess some guy named Choi:D

OP
A

Angus

Jungyae Moosul - "Local" martial art created 15 years ago by the son of a Supreme Grandmaster of Tae Kwon Do. Meant to be a more complete martial art aimed to be less sport oriented and more spiritual like TKD originally was. It's basically TKD with much more philosophy and adds weapons and grappling/groundfighting. I think it's outstanding. I plan on studying it in the future.

OP
M

MartialArtist

Also, ssirum is really big in Korea and competitions are held at cultural gatherings.

OP
W

white dragon

oh so that's what it is!!! They have a class at my local gym where I train in TKD! I saw the poster the other day and thought it would be worth trying out, hmmm, could be worth a shot...

Latest Discussions