Knife you like best

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am all about the K-Bar. Hey Jarhead you know all about it too. That is my favorite knife.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
matt.m said:
I am all about the K-Bar. Hey Jarhead you know all about it too. That is my favorite knife.

The K-Bar is a great knife. It is by far my favorite knife to practice throwing with. However, since I use them everyday I tend to just love some of the cheap folding knives that I have. Nothing fancy, serrated or non serrated. I find myself constantly opening things up and they really come in handy.

Brian R. VanCise
www.instinctiveresponsetraining.com

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
Fixed blades are superior for just about everything, the only areas where folders have a slight edge (sorry :D) are the areas of weight, concealability, and [unfortunately] legality.

I'm lucky enough to be able to legally carry fixed blades, including double-edged, so it's not really an issue for me.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
kenpotex said:
Fixed blades are superior for just about everything, the only areas where folders have a slight edge (sorry :D) are the areas of weight, concealability, and [unfortunately] legality.

I'm lucky enough to be able to legally carry fixed blades, including double-edged, so it's not really an issue for me.

No doubt a fixed blade is simply superior for almost everything yet not everyone is as fortunate as yourself in carrying one legally. :ultracool

Brian R. VanCise

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
Brian R. VanCise said:
No doubt a fixed blade is simply superior for almost everything yet not everyone is as fortunate as yourself in carrying one legally. :ultracool
Oh, I know. Hence the "unfortunately" comment in my post. :D

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yep, I figured that was why you had placed it there. You are definately one of the fortunate people so to speak!
icon10.gif

Brian R. VanCise

ginshun

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Fixed blades are great, but not practical to carry for most people. My self included, the office is not place for a Ka-Bar or a SOG Pentagon. ;)

The knife I carry most is a Benchmade 710HS (plain edge M2 tool steel blade)

and don't by Gerber's guys. Ever since they were bought out by Fiskers 90% of there knives are cheap chinese crap. They are also very unethical with their designs. For the most part all there new knives are copies of reputable knife company designs. It pains me to see what they have become. They are not even a shadow of their former self. I'll never buy another Gerber. Period.

I'll keep running the Multi-Plier till it falls apart though! :D

Shovel Hook

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Favorite for defense or combat use is the push dagger, the CS Safekeeper II

fixed and folder both have uses and appropriate times to carry
I am a huge fan of the Kershaw Leek, I highly reccomend it (can be had in better steel than 440c if that is a concern). my perfect EDC knife.