kids instructor?

kbh

White Belt
Reaction score
HI! Just wondering if anyone can suggest an exceptional kids martial arts instructor. Who has the best games and/or most interesting classes? Anywhere in the US. Can you please send links to their sites if they have them? thanks a bunch!

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Dawn Barnes is very well known for getting kids into the martial arts. While her methods seem very focussed on getting the kids to equate the martial arts with games, I certainly can't argue with the results.

http://www.karatekids.net/

Even if I'm not really an instructor that does well with kids' classes, I've still been able to incorporate some of her ideas in my teaching methods when I deal with children. It's helped me come a long way, and I no longer completely dread having to teach a class that's full of children (although some of them can still make me scowl...).

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I enjoy teaching the children but hate dealing with the parents! What age do children start 'proper' school on America? Often wondered, as 'grades' don't tell you much really.

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
I enjoy teaching the children but hate dealing with the parents! What age do children start 'proper' school on America? Often wondered, as 'grades' don't tell you much really.

Real school... about 14 or 15.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Real school... about 14 or 15.

Well I guess I'm not a real school since my oldest is only 13,10,9 those are all my sons, they have been studying since they could walk. We have younger students as well along with teenager and adults. I'm a little baffle by your real school quote. Can you explain what you believe to be a real school, I run adult out that cannot do some of our training and they are in shape.

It always bother me when someone say to be a real school you only train adults or teenagers, it is this type of close mind that is hurting MA, without those youngest the Arts will die over a period of time.

I surely hope you meant MC Dojo's and I fully agree with that.

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well I guess I'm not a real school since my oldest is only 13,10,9 those are all my sons, they have been studying since they could walk. We have younger students as well along with teenager and adults. I'm a little baffle by your real school quote. Can you explain what you believe to be a real school, I run adult out that cannot do some of our training and they are in shape.

It always bother me when someone say to be a real school you only train adults or teenagers, it is this type of close mind that is hurting MA, without those youngest the Arts will die over a period of time.

I surely hope you meant MC Dojo's and I fully agree with that.

I meant that as "real academic school", out side that it's up to the individual instructor. I geuss that's what I get for scimming, isn't it? I think below 6 or 7 might be pushing it for martial arts though. But, there are exepctions to every rule.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I meant that as "real academic school", out side that it's up to the individual instructor. I geuss that's what I get for scimming, isn't it? I think below 6 or 7 might be pushing it for martial arts though. But, there are exepctions to every rule.

I knew what you meant I thought if I posted than you could explain so others would understand. I have read enough of your post to know.
Thank you for clearing this up for me.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Master Ha is an EXCELLENT kids instructor.
http://www.hastkd.com/

Why do ask? Are you interested in instructing children? I'm assuming you're not looking for children's instruction for your own kids (if you have any), since the location doesn't matter. :)

Latest Discussions