TigerFist

White Belt
Reaction score
From: http://www.1wrestling.com/news/newsline.asp?news=22516

WE SUPERSTARS TOSS AROUND DRUNKEN LOUDMOUTH KICKBOXERS
By: Joey Styles
4/27/2005 9:40:42 AM </SPAN>

WWE SUPERSTARS TOSS AROUND DRUNKEN LOUDMOUTH KICKBOXERS

"Note from Joey Styles...this story makes the kickboxers sound like innocent victims which was not the case. Regardless, telling pro wrestlers that what they do is fake and that they cannot fight is a great way to get your *** kicked. There are many pro football players, boxers, kickboxers, who have found this out the hard way. The only people I have met who can kick *** better than pro wrestlers are MMA fighters but they almost never start trouble.

From UK Tabloid Newspaper, THE SUN...
Now that's a big fight out
By ANDREW PARKER

BOOZED-UP kickboxers fought an unscheduled bout with American telly wrestlers — in a posh hotel lobby.

Terrified guests dived for cover as the fighters squared up after a martial arts show, sending feet, fists and glasses flying.

They watched amazed as the boxers lashed out with a flurry of acrobatic spinning kicks and punches, while the touring grapplers hurled their opponents around the reception hall.

Ex-world kickboxing champ Kash “The Flash” Gill — 6ft 3in and 11st 6lb — claimed he was dragged around in a headlock by 22st, 6ft 5in wrestler Dave “Demon of the Deep” Batista, 36.

One boxer was thrown over a table full of drinks and another over a baggage trolley before the row spilled outside.

A car park security barrier was smashed before police broke up Sunday’s midnight fight at the Hilton Hotel at Birmingham’s NEC complex.

The punch-up followed a kickboxing exhibition match for 500 guests, organised by 37-year-old Kash.

He said: “It had been a great night, but one of our tables was a bit rowdy after having too much to drink. In reception one of our blokes accidentally bumped into one wrestler and said sorry straight away.

“The wrestler said, ‘You will be’ and it all kicked off. The wrestlers were all giants and three of them had one of our blokes on the floor.

“I ran out to try to calm things down, but next thing I knew one wrestler had me in an armlock and was throwing me around like a doll.

“Somone told him I was a kickboxing champ and he backed off. But it was quite nasty with a couple of bloody noses and ripped shirts and T-shirts all over the lobby.

“It was probably the boozers on our side who started it, but the wrestlers didn’t use their strengths in a professional way and were out of order.”

One hotel worker said: “It was mayhem for about 15 minutes. The boxers were saying wrestling was fake and that the big guys couldn’t fight — so they just grabbed them.”

A World Wrestling Entertainment spokesman said: “Our guys were checking in when the boxers began making remarks. They weren’t happy.” Police confirmed officers were sent. A spokesman said: “We sorted it out without any arrests.”

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
"Ex-world kickboxing champ Kash “The Flash” Gill — 6ft 3in and 11st 6lb — claimed he was dragged around in a headlock by 22st, 6ft 5in wrestler Dave “Demon of the Deep” Batista, 36. "

Yikes...

A guy twice your weight and solid steroids... He don't need to know how to fight to hurt you. Throw in the fact that he tosses people around for a living and can take a lot of abuse...

C

Crom

I don't care what they do for a living but who in their right mind would tell a 22st, 6ft 5in guy and his mates that they can't fight?

:whip:

:rofl:

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't think I could get drunk enough to tell someone of the size of Batista that tell couldn't fight.
Man that was stupid.
I would have loved to witness it that could have been a pay for view event

HandsOfStone

White Belt
Reaction score
TigerFist said:
bout with American telly wrestlers — in a posh hotel lobby.

Terrified guests dived for cover as the fighters squared up after a martial arts show, sending feet, fists and glasses flying.

They watched amazed as the boxers lashed out with a flurry of acrobatic spinning kicks and punches, while the touring grapplers hurled their opponents around the reception hall.
Yikes, that must have been a wild scene to witness! I agree with what Tshadowchaser wrote, you couldn't get me drunk enough to pick a fight with some of those guys in pro wrestling. I'm 6'2" and 220 pounds. I met Hulk Hogan once, and I looked almost like a kid standing next to him. And it's probably easy to ask the question, why did the kickboxers use "acrobatic spinning kicks and punches" but maybe that's the only way they trained. That also goes to show that even professional fighters can fold under the stress of real combat. :xtrmshock:

R

rmcrobertson

Uh--what the WWF and the rest do IS fake, in the sense that it isn't real wrestling.

Unfortunately, if they weren't extraordinary athletes with remarkable fighting ability, they'd all be dead by now--nobody without skill and knowledge and ability could begin to do that stuff.

Two minor points for martial artists--isn't this exactly what separates good kick-boxing from, say, good kenpo or good aikido; as I'm often told, you study a martial art for the time when you get into it with somebody who's your physical equal or better;

And, if anything teaches the fighting usefulness of learning to dummy up properly...

R

rmcpeek

Whether wrestling is fake or not, in my opinion the WWE is, although I agree with the previous post that they are exceptional athletes, this just is another case of "Beer Muscles" that got out of hand.

I guess you'd have to be pretty drunk to go up and start insulting guys of that size without provocation.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hmmm....

I dunno...I don't think theres enough booze out there to get me drunk enough to tell this guy he's a phoney....
batista-interview-20050107023601879-000.jpg

This guy on the other hand....
kash_150.jpg

All I can say is....WHOOOOOO! :rofl:

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Kaith Rustaz said:
Hmmm....

I dunno...I don't think theres enough booze out there to get me drunk enough to tell this guy he's a phoney....
batista-interview-20050107023601879-000.jpg

Talk about "roid boy"......

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
rmcrobertson said:
Uh--what the WWF and the rest do IS fake, in the sense that it isn't real wrestling.

Unfortunately, if they weren't extraordinary athletes with remarkable fighting ability, they'd all be dead by now--nobody without skill and knowledge and ability could begin to do that stuff.

Two minor points for martial artists--isn't this exactly what separates good kick-boxing from, say, good kenpo or good aikido; as I'm often told, you study a martial art for the time when you get into it with somebody who's your physical equal or better;

And, if anything teaches the fighting usefulness of learning to dummy up properly...

I agree it is fake. I also agree that they are talented atheletes.

I was out drinking with some wrestlers, and they were concerend that I did not believe it to be real. I explained that I did not think they could not hurt people. I stated that at the end of the night, I get to hit him up side the head, he just stands there and takes it. Next week we go out drinking again, and he can hit me, and then see if either of us want to start all over again the next week? They smiled, and agreed, that you had to know how to punch and take a punch so as people did not get killed.

Bammx2

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I have to admit...
wrestling as we know it IS fake.
Olympic and collegiate wrestling is the closest you get to real wrestling now.
But to take into consideration of ALL sports athletes...
WWE'rs and such, do thier job 5-6 days a week for approxamately 300+ days a year.
NOBODY else does, or very doubtful, could keep up with that knid of a schedule
physically or mentally.
Its definately not like going to your local dojo and training for 2 hours doing bag work, katas and such.
Now maybe....
if the kickboxers trained 2hours every day and fought every night,then it would have been a better or at least, a different, fight.
And p.s,.......

I was there and I was dyin!
it was some of the funniest stuff I have ever seen!
I am actually tryin to see if I can cctv footage of it,but I'm not sure....
icon10.gif

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Good technique or not, when somebody outsizes you by that kind of margin, you are in for a rude awakening if you expect to "win" a fight with your martial arts prowess.

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Tgace said:
Good technique or not, when somebody outsizes you by that kind of margin, you are in for a rude awakening if you expect to "win" a fight with your martial arts prowess.

Especially if they have the “chemical” advantage too…..

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Big size differences are one of the reasons to avoid fights and carry (legal) weapons....

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Tgace said:

So, ummm, what your saying is, size matters?

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yep..all that other **** is stuff women tell ya to make you feel better. :)

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Tgace said:
Big size differences are one of the reasons to avoid fights and carry (legal) weapons....

I was thinking more like a low yield nuke might be better to take one of those guys out. ;)

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Or a really good "pressure point" strike....:rofl:

Latest Discussions