Kerry just handed Bush his behind...

Phoenix44

Master of Arts
Reaction score
michaeledward said:
I have stated my favor for the 'Three State Solution' in the past...

This is beginning to happen already.
Too bad Bush doesn't notice this.

pete

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
sorry fiesty, but this is too reminiscent of vietnam... peace with honor, holding more responsibility for those lives we may have shattered abroad than for those returning home, dead or alive, and their american families.

iraq does not need us to rebuild or develop a 3 state solution, or any other solutions, any more than germany needed their country divided after WWII. iraq will do fine on their own, and if not... well, so be it.

2 rules of gaming, don't throw good money after bad and know when to leave the table... kerry can be the jfk we really never had, or can be the johnson we did end up with...

pete

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Pete, I don't think that comparing Iraq to recreational gambling is really appropriate. I also don't think that it's valid. There are no circumstances "when you're sittin' at the table" where you are responsible to stay the course. If I told you that I would come in to your house and fix the wiring, as a buddy, but in order to do it I tear apart all of your walls and remove the panel, and then decide that it's really too much work for me and I don't come back, will you think that I ever really cared about you? Would this be reflective of a reliable, honest, and trustworthy person? Do you wish for your country to have any shred of credibility 20 years down the road when the next "big" issue comes along?

pete

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
flatlander said:
If I told you that I would come in to your house and fix the wiring, as a buddy, but in order to do it I tear apart all of your walls and remove the panel, and then decide that it's really too much work for me and I don't come back, will you think that I ever really cared about you?

tell me flatlander, exactly how many of your men were electricuted on the job before you decided to call it quits? did your sub-contractor warn you against taking the job in the first place? and after you gutted the place, did you discover there really was no faulty wiring to begin with?

frankly, i don't see the gambling analogy as any less appropriate than your house with no electricity... or, comparisons with vietnam for that matter.

pete

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Excellent point Pete - knowing full well that the analogous workmen would be at serious risk of harm, it's a job I should likely not have undertaken in the first place. However, I did, and destroyed your house. Who should fix it, assuming you can't,as if you could have, you would have done it yourself in the first place.

However, this thread is actually supposed to be about the Kerry/Bush debate, so if you'd like to further discuss, jump into one of the Iraq threads.