KenpoJoe and More

ackks10

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Hi folks!
Well said,Jesse,
As one of my instructors,Ed Parker, would say "The mind is like a parachute,it works best when it's open!" to which I add another phrase said by another of my sensei and a true master of the arts, Jack Leonardo of the New Bedford Aikikai, "to have an open mind is a good thing, but open your heart as well..."
I hope that I was of some service,
KENPOJOE

my friend kenpojoe, a man of few words :cheers:

OP
RevIV

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
Still waiting for pricing and the time..............................

Ok- here is my guestimation.
June 1st - 10am - 3pm
$40, for 3 great teachers.
Sorry - as of this weekend i was also planning my confidence in competition camp which is a 4 day camp in april, 2 baby showers, My Alliance tournament which is May 4th and a few other things. I hope to see you there fnorfurfoot because last night i was reading some of your submitted Combo's at Kenpoinfo.com and yours are closer to mine then some of the other ones. Especially in the 50's. So sorry for the delay but this should help a little bit.
Jesse
www.dpkempo.com

Matt

Black Belt
Reaction score
Ok- here is my guestimation.
June 1st - 10am - 3pm
$40, for 3 great teachers.
Sorry - as of this weekend i was also planning my confidence in competition camp which is a 4 day camp in april, 2 baby showers, My Alliance tournament which is May 4th and a few other things. I hope to see you there fnorfurfoot because last night i was reading some of your submitted Combo's at Kenpoinfo.com and yours are closer to mine then some of the other ones. Especially in the 50's. So sorry for the delay but this should help a little bit.
Jesse
www.dpkempo.com

I've put it up on my event calendar at my site. If anyone else wants to put their events up, let me know or just send the event to events (at) kempoinfo.com. You'll have to re-assemble the address as I'm hoping to limit my spam. If it's a kempo event, I'm happy to list it.

Matt

OP
RevIV

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
I've put it up on my event calendar at my site. If anyone else wants to put their events up, let me know or just send the event to events (at) kempoinfo.com. You'll have to re-assemble the address as I'm hoping to limit my spam. If it's a kempo event, I'm happy to list it.

Matt

Thank You Matt.
I have a little more up on my webpage and should have everything official by the end of this week. We had our 8th Alliance tournament over the weekend and it was a lot of fun.. Now its time for the push on this seminar. Anyone who is still interested please contact me immediatly so i can get information to you. This is going to be a packed and fun seminar.
Jesse

Matt

Black Belt
Reaction score
Thank You Matt.
I have a little more up on my webpage and should have everything official by the end of this week. We had our 8th Alliance tournament over the weekend and it was a lot of fun.. Now its time for the push on this seminar. Anyone who is still interested please contact me immediatly so i can get information to you. This is going to be a packed and fun seminar.
Jesse

No problem. Glad the tournament went well. See you at the seminar.

Matt

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank You Matt.
Jesse

You can PM me if you'd like, or just post here. :)

Mike

OP
RevIV

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
I have been getting some good responses from outside schools within the area, but not from people on this board. One of the reasons, not the only reason, for getting Prof. Rebelo to the school for the open seminar was to get people from here to come up and see what everyone has been talking about. So, is there anyone here who is planning on coming that have not contacted me yet? Thanks
In Peace
Jesse

Matt

Black Belt
Reaction score
Awesome Day! Thanks for putting it together Jesse. It was great to see everyone.

Matt

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks Jess..
Had a great time! Good to see everyone again...thanks to Matt for the T-Shirt made it much more comfortable at the Restaurant....
Let's follow up soon on the workout Idea....I look forward to the visual exchange, Like Matt said....sometimes it's best to see what we're trying to convey in words...Have a great week and keep us posted on the "new stork" outcome...

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Folks,

Some of you may notice that some posts are missing. They have been moved to this thread.

KempoShaun

Green Belt
Reaction score
Rebelo Sensei, I apologize for posting here, but I can hold my tongue no longer. For those who don't know me, my name is Shaun Seifer, I have been training in Kempo and Kung Fu since I was 3 years old (Yes, I really did start training at 3, we can argue over this later if needed). I had the opportunity to meet Rebelo Sensei in 1992 or 1993 and was so impressed that after my father's death and former instructor moving back to China at the age of almost 100, I began training with Joe in 1996. With a bit of, what I considered, impressive credentials (my own, not Joe's), Joe took me from 4th Degree Black Belt to White Belt in about 10 minutes. Over the last 14 years, I have trained on and off (mostly on) with Rebelo Sensei and have personally questioned, at first in disbelief, Joe's many many credentials, and was treated to numerous demonstrations of every style he claims to hold rank in. For those of you who have not had the chance to train with Joe, he is 110% willing, at any moment, without going back and reviewing material, to bust out wisdom and skill from ANY of his claimed studies. After I learned about Rebelo Sensei's photographic memory, things started to become more and more clear, and now, with Joe, my instructor and a wonderful family friend, who I have allowed to sleep in my guest room on numerous occasions,as well as me spending a few nights at his various schools over the years, I can attest to Rebelo sensei's skills, and while everyone has the right to free speech, some of you people are taking things a little too far. This man is a man who does NOT lie. Joe, in my opinion, and the opinion of my family, friends and students, is the apex of what a Martial Artist should be. I'm sorry if I seem to be worshiping or idolizing Joe, I'm not, I'm merely relaying true experiences after spending thousands of hours with this man as a friend, uke and student, I have never heard or experienced a lie from Mr. Rebelo. I'm sorry if this topic was done, but as a friend and student, I felt the proper thing would be for me to try and set any misconceptions to rest. Feel free to PM me with any questions you may have, or ask me here as long as people don't belittle the man I consider one of my best friends. Be well!

KempoShaun

Green Belt
Reaction score
Marlon, how are you sir? It's been a while, but after my 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th surgeries since we last met, I have lost 160lbs (I'm down to 240lbs!!!) and finally cleared to start training again, so I hope to see you soon at a seminar or gathering now that I'm back in the training circle instead of just teaching with a cane ;) . Besides working on a new Martial Arts magazine, (first issue comes out in January, wanna contribute?) I'm just starting to get some stamina and such back. Say hello to Prof. I. for me. Great to hear from you!!!

marlon

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Marlon, how are you sir? It's been a while, but after my 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th surgeries since we last met, I have lost 160lbs (I'm down to 240lbs!!!) and finally cleared to start training again, so I hope to see you soon at a seminar or gathering now that I'm back in the training circle instead of just teaching with a cane ;) . Besides working on a new Martial Arts magazine, (first issue comes out in January, wanna contribute?) I'm just starting to get some stamina and such back. Say hello to Prof. I. for me. Great to hear from you!!!

Glad you are better! We should get together to do some training. I'll let you know whenever i am heading to the states again and perhaps we can meet up. It is great to hear that you are well and trainign again! Congrats about the magazine! I am sure there are more knowledgeable and experienced people here that can contribute for you. however, if you ever get stuck, let me know and i will see if i can come up with something for you to look at.
Be well sir

Respectfully,
marlon

KempoShaun

Green Belt
Reaction score
Mr. Elmer, though we have not met, Rebelo Sensei has nothing but good things to say about you, you are always welcome sir! :)

Latest Discussions