KenpoJoe and More

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
Well im sure this could go in two sections, but in a less popular thread (less popular because i did not like it:) ) People wanted to see KenpoJoe in action. On June 1st at my dojo in Chelmsford Ma. Prof. Rebello, Sigung Duncan and Guru Dan Donzella will be doing an all day seminar. I know this is not a seminar section but others asked about it in this section and all are Kempo family or close to it. This is going to be a sweet day. hopefully this thread will stay here and we can talk about the fun to expect. And maybe what some may want to see from Prof. Rebello. If you do not plan on coming than it should not matter what you want to see at it, and i say this with an open heart.
Jesse

ackks10

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Well im sure this could go in two sections, but in a less popular thread (less popular because i did not like it:) ) People wanted to see KenpoJoe in action. On June 1st at my dojo in Chelmsford Ma. Prof. Rebello, Sigung Duncan and Guru Dan Donzella will be doing an all day seminar. I know this is not a seminar section but others asked about it in this section and all are Kempo family or close to it. This is going to be a sweet day. hopefully this thread will stay here and we can talk about the fun to expect. And maybe what some may want to see from Prof. Rebello. If you do not plan on coming than it should not matter what you want to see at it, and i say this with an open heart.
Jesse

Hey Jesse,,whats up:mst: is there something that i'm missing here:wavey:

Matt

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey Jesse,,whats up:mst: is there something that i'm missing here:wavey:

Not if you go to the seminar:wink2:

There was a thread in which folks expressed some disbelief that Joe could be ranked in all the arts that he is. The point is that they wanted to see the 'proof in the pudding'. Now here's their chance. As an added bonus, there are two other top notch instructors there. No-lose proposition.

See you there Jesse.

ackks10

Purple Belt
Reaction score

There was a thread in which folks expressed some disbelief that Joe could be ranked in all the arts that he is. The point is that they wanted to see the 'proof in the pudding'. Now here's their chance. As an added bonus, there are two other top notch instructors there. No-lose proposition.

See you there Jesse.

wow do you think i should go to this???

OP
RevIV

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hi Sir, (ACKKS10),

Please feel free to come up, it is going to be a fun day. I was re-reading my post and i feel if it is misread, i may of come off strong. That was not my intention. I was at a great seminar 2 weeks ago (saratoga martial arts festival) and the opening ceremony was all about no egos and how all the arts are great. then two excellent Sensei's came up and demonstrated 6 forms from 6 different systems. They then showed how the different movements in the end came to the same conclusion, may that of been an arm break, take down or so on. Thats all I meant by my statement, as Matt stated, some people wanted to see Prof. Joe and I was just re-iterating for all to come with an open-mind.
In Peace,
Jesse

ackks10

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Hi Sir, (ACKKS10),

Please feel free to come up, it is going to be a fun day. I was re-reading my post and i feel if it is misread, i may of come off strong. That was not my intention. I was at a great seminar 2 weeks ago (saratoga martial arts festival) and the opening ceremony was all about no egos and how all the arts are great. then two excellent Sensei's came up and demonstrated 6 forms from 6 different systems. They then showed how the different movements in the end came to the same conclusion, may that of been an arm break, take down or so on. Thats all I meant by my statement, as Matt stated, some people wanted to see Prof. Joe and I was just re-iterating for all to come with an open-mind.
In Peace,
Jesse

LOL,,:wink2: i was just joking, you see jess i was talking to kenpojoe today and he did not say anything about this??? i was a little surprised about it
not that i'm anybody . don't worry about it.
yours in kenpo

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey George,

In case you're wondering, this is the thread in question that people are talking about. The thread, which I started, was not started to focus on Joe, but on high rank/multiple arts in general, however, it did take a turn towards Joe.

What some don't know, and I didn't feel the need to keep everyone up to par on the happenings, was that I spoke with Joe for about 2hrs on the phone. We had a wonderful chat, spoke about many things, ranging from that thread to a few different areas of Kenpo. Once the warm weather gets here, I do plan on heading up to MA to workout with Joe for a day.

Some people felt then, and seem to still feel that way now, that the focus was on skill. At no point, did I doubt Joes skill. What I was questioning was the high ranks in many arts. I stated this many times, but it seems to have been overlooked, either on purpose or accidentally.

In any case, thats water under the bridge. I don't have my work schedule that far in advance, but as time draws near, I can hopefully make it to this event. :) It would be great if you could make it as well. :)

Take care and I'll chat with you soon.

Mike

ackks10

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Hey George,

In case you're wondering, this is the thread in question that people are talking about. The thread, which I started, was not started to focus on Joe, but on high rank/multiple arts in general, however, it did take a turn towards Joe.

What some don't know, and I didn't feel the need to keep everyone up to par on the happenings, was that I spoke with Joe for about 2hrs on the phone. We had a wonderful chat, spoke about many things, ranging from that thread to a few different areas of Kenpo. Once the warm weather gets here, I do plan on heading up to MA to workout with Joe for a day.

Some people felt then, and seem to still feel that way now, that the focus was on skill. At no point, did I doubt Joes skill. What I was questioning was the high ranks in many arts. I stated this many times, but it seems to have been overlooked, either on purpose or accidentally.

In any case, thats water under the bridge. I don't have my work schedule that far in advance, but as time draws near, I can hopefully make it to this event. :) It would be great if you could make it as well. :)

Take care and I'll chat with you soon.

Mike

thanks mike, i;; see if i can make it:asian:

OP
RevIV

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey George,

Mike

I hope you do not think that i actually remember who started that thread or who was putting the questions out there. My mind does not work that way, I remember the questions being posed about rank and did he (Kenpojoe)have the material to hold that high of a rank? I still do not know the answer to any of the questions posed and really do not care. Prof. Joe can come in wearing his Karazenpo belt, parker belt, kung fu sashes, or no belt as long as everyone at the seminar has a good time and learns something. The other 2 gentlemen who are teaching have been in the arts I believe even longer than KenpoJoe. Guru Dan opened his first school in 70's and Sigung Duncan started his martial arts when he was 8 years old. So basically the amount of knowledge that is going to be here is going to be awesome. Again, everyone is invited to come to this event, the only rule is you must leave your ego at home. Mike i hope you can make it and have some fun with a great group of people. If you have escrima sticks make sure you bring them.
In Peace
Jesse

kosho

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Jessie,
I will try and make it to this event. If I have not marked the date allready. Sounds like a great day to train. Also Please send the group photo of the Hanshi Juchnik Seminar for me from last weekend.

Kosho

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Be nice to those of us that have not been to your school and give us the address.
if i am not working that weekend I'll try to get there.
And yes, prices and rimes would help also

ackks10

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Hey Jesse, see what i started:wink2: looks like you will have a lot people going:eek:

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sounds like a great seminar Jesse! Yeah, and give Mr. Bedell the address wouldja please? :D

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I hope you do not think that i actually remember who started that thread or who was putting the questions out there. My mind does not work that way, I remember the questions being posed about rank and did he (Kenpojoe)have the material to hold that high of a rank? I still do not know the answer to any of the questions posed and really do not care. Prof. Joe can come in wearing his Karazenpo belt, parker belt, kung fu sashes, or no belt as long as everyone at the seminar has a good time and learns something. The other 2 gentlemen who are teaching have been in the arts I believe even longer than KenpoJoe. Guru Dan opened his first school in 70's and Sigung Duncan started his martial arts when he was 8 years old. So basically the amount of knowledge that is going to be here is going to be awesome. Again, everyone is invited to come to this event, the only rule is you must leave your ego at home. Mike i hope you can make it and have some fun with a great group of people. If you have escrima sticks make sure you bring them.
In Peace
Jesse

Jesse, no worries. :) I am looking forward to this and I hope that I can attend! We had a great time the last time we worked out in Meriden at Prof. Kimos seminar!!! Looking forward to another good time!

Mike

KENPOJOE

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Jesse
Hi folks!
Dear Jesse,
Thank you for inviting me to instruct at your location,Joining your 2 main instructors is quite an honor and I hope to be found worthy. I hope that those of you on this board who have not met will take the time to attend! Please feel free to ask any questions you may have & I'll be more than happy to answer,demonstrate and educate! Let us "share the wealth" of knowledge we have to those who want to know it.
BEGOOD,
KENPOJOE
PS:BTW, it's spelled "Rebelo" [I'm a rebel,add an "O"]

KENPOJOE

Brown Belt
Reaction score

See you there Jesse.

Hi folks!
Dear Matt,
Originally, it was a "generic" thread that addressed "multiple ranks in multiple arts" and simply stated, I was the only one willing to address the issue that was one of those individuals. It soon became a game of "let's pick on him because he actually had the guts to show up". Which was no big deal because that was what i've come to expect on these boards,so no surprise. The difference is where many of those so-called individuals will many time hide in their dojo/dojang/kwoon/studio, I do the exact opposite! I place my videos on public forums and websites [to which the naysayers will reply "well,videos are no indication of proficency" {DUH!},I attend and instruct at national & international events, receive unsolicited accolades from other attendees on an international scale, Create instructional DVDs that are sold at various martial arts stores throughout the area [which Matt recently saw a portion of the latest dvd being prepared for sale]. So, I'll continue to be "An exception to the rule". I thank you Matt for mentioning this and I look forward to seeing you at various events in the New England Area.
BEGOOD,
KENPOJOE

KENPOJOE

Brown Belt
Reaction score
wow do you think i should go to this???
Hi folks!
Gee George, Why not? I went to your seminar! LOL!!! :rolleyes:
Seriously, George and I have known each other for many years and he's a good friend of mine and I know it's a long multiple hour drive for george but I know my "twin son from a different mother" will be there in spirit to support me!
BEGOOD,
KENPOJOE

KENPOJOE

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Hi Sir, (ACKKS10),

In Peace,
Jesse
Hi folks!
Well said,Jesse,
As one of my instructors,Ed Parker, would say "The mind is like a parachute,it works best when it's open!" to which I add another phrase said by another of my sensei and a true master of the arts, Jack Leonardo of the New Bedford Aikikai, "to have an open mind is a good thing, but open your heart as well..."
I hope that I was of some service,
KENPOJOE