Kenpo in Virginia?

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
My counsin's son, who is 13, began training kenpo a few years ago. They have since moved, and he has stopped training. Does anyone know of any American Kenpo schools in or near Winchester, Virginia? Thx.

michael

Kenpoist

Green Belt
Reaction score
Kenpo schools in Virginia are unfortunatley few and far betweeen. There used to be a school near Manassas - Jose Ponce? (probably 1 1/2 hours from Winchester). You may have better luck in West Virginia, but nothing will be close or convienent.

OP
Flying Crane

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I was afraid of that. any thoughts on what kind of schools are there? I would like to encourage him to get active in training again, if there is some other schools that offer quality.

O

octopic

There isn't a lot of American Kenpo (that I've seen) in Virginia. I don't know much about what's out there in Winchester, but I might be the closest school that teaches anything at all in the Ken/mpo family, and I'm in Leesburg. Obviously you're welcome to come by our school and check us out, but I fear that we're simply too far away from you to be practical.

OP
Flying Crane

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
octopic said:
There isn't a lot of American Kenpo (that I've seen) in Virginia. I don't know much about what's out there in Winchester, but I might be the closest school that teaches anything at all in the Ken/mpo family, and I'm in Leesburg. Obviously you're welcome to come by our school and check us out, but I fear that we're simply too far away from you to be practical.

well, I'm on the west coast, but I can throw the idea past my cousin. I dont know Virginia at all, so I have no idea how far away from Winchester you are.

O

octopic

Flying Crane said:
well, I'm on the west coast, but I can throw the idea past my cousin. I dont know Virginia at all, so I have no idea how far away from Winchester you are.

Google maps says that Leesburg is 35 miles away from Winchester... I haven't done that drive myself, but I imagine that it would take close to a hour each way.

Latest Discussions