Karate Kid - The Musical 🙄

OP
Gyakuto

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
😄
From the brief clips I‘ve seen, the standard of the ‘koroddy’ is considerably higher than in Cobra Kai…which is not difficult to achieve!

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Mark Kamen is the man. 2nd generation disciple of Chojun Miyagi, which is where Mr. Miyagi got his name.

Not many know that the original screenplay is semi-autobiographical.

Broadway doesn't have a great track record with stunt-based shows, though. Might be a few broken bones in this one.

OP
Gyakuto

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mark Kamen is the man. 2nd generation disciple of Chojun Miyagi, which is where Mr. Miyagi got his name.
I didn’t know that!
Not many know that the original screenplay is semi-autobiographical.
I didn’t know that either!
Broadway doesn't have a great track record with stunt-based shows, though. Might be a few broken bones in this one.
Ooo I must get tickets. I’ll wear earplugs during all the musical numbers but enjoy the compound fractures as they occur😈

I’d’ve thought with the litigious attitude in the US, Broadway would have extremely high health and safety standards?

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
I didn’t know that!
Yeah and there's an Easter egg in Karate Kid II (my personal fav). If you listen carefully, Mr. Miyagi and Sato were both trained by Miyagi's father, whose name is given as, tada, Chojun.

So, Mr. Miyagi is literally the son of the founder of Goju Ryu (Mark Kamen trained Goju under a direct student of the real Miyagi).
I didn’t know that either!

Ooo I must get tickets. I’ll wear earplugs during all the musical numbers but enjoy the compound fractures as they occur😈

I’d’ve thought with the litigious attitude in the US, Broadway would have extremely high health and safety standards?
The videos I've seen online already look pretty cool. Broadway will be a lot bigger and brighter.

But, there's this. One of the biggest commercial fails in Broadway history. Over 180 preview performances before opening night, largely due to people getting hurt, stunts failing etc.

OP
Gyakuto

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah and there's an Easter egg in Karate Kid II (my personal fav)
I suspect this might be controversial, but I preferred Jackie Chan’s version of KK…or maybe KFKBut, there's this. One of the biggest commercial fails in Broadway history. Over 180 preview performances before opening night, largely due to people getting hurt, stunts failing etc.
Yeah but that was some bloke in a lycra suit pretending to be a spider 🙄 These are proper `koroddy men’.
I’ll be really happy if it does well as it’ll further raise the profile of Karate in a much better light than Cobra Kai.

Latest Discussions