80s Music Johnny Is Stuck In

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
If everybody liked the exact same music as me there would be many songs, because I like many songs.

BTW, Charli xcx ROCKS!!! And so does Billy Idol.

And so does Hulk Hogan's theme song.
You’re not a real American if you don’t love Hulk Hogan’s ring entrance song.

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
its snoop dog that has the beagle, charli has the white powder
You ever hear of Charlie Brown? He's friends with Linus, Linus has an obsession with his blanket and a crabby big sister called Lucy and Charlie has a white beagle called Snoopy.

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
You’re not a real American if you don’t love Hulk Hogan’s ring entrance song.
I wholeheartedly agree, I think it should replace the Star Spangled Banner as the national anthem.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
You ever hear of Charlie Brown? He's friends with Linus, Linus has an obsession with his blanket and a crabby big sister called Lucy and Charlie has a white beagle called Snoopy.

i may have to stop making jokes, if you dont understand the referances

snoop dog, the well known rapper is according to some sources named after snoopy the dog, though others claim its a religious reference

either way snoop dog is quite close to the snoopy the dog, charlie is a common name cocaine, im not sure why other than they both start with c

hence my remarks that snoop dog has the white beagle and charli has white powder

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score

snoop dog, the well known rapper is according to some sources named after snoopy the dog, though others claim its a religious reference

either way snoop dog is quite close to the snoopy the dog, charlie is a common name cocaine, im not sure why other than they both start with c

hence my remarks that snoop dog has the white beagle and charli has white powder
I see, that makes sense.

Anyway, in terms of Snoop Dog being named after Snoopy maybe he was. And I suppose Charli XCX was named after the character Charlie Brown who was created by Charles Schulz. At least she wasn't named after Lucy, I hated Lucy.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I see, that makes sense.

Anyway, in terms of Snoop Dog being named after Snoopy maybe he was. And I suppose Charli XCX was named after the character Charlie Brown who was created by Charles Schulz. At least she wasn't named after Lucy, I hated Lucy.
I SUSPECT NOT, her name is Charlotte Emma , that sounds like a Bronte reference to me, the Bronte's were a family of authors, a fact i suspect may have passed you by, naming people after cartoon characters seems to be a very american thing, naming them after carton characters of the wrong gender even less likely

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Snoop’s mother was on one of the behind the music shows on MTV. She said as a kid he was always snooping around. The nickname was taken from the dog and his snooping. They called him Snoopy/Snoop since he was a little kid.

If my memory serves me correctly.

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
I SUSPECT NOT, her name is Charlotte Emma , that sounds like a Bronte reference to me, the Bronte's were a family of authors, a fact i suspect may have passed you by, naming people after cartoon characters seems to be a very american thing, naming them after carton characters of the wrong gender even less likely
I see, so she was named after a city.

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
Snoop’s mother was on one of the behind the music shows on MTV. She said as a kid he was always snooping around. The nickname was taken from the dog and his snooping. They called him Snoopy/Snoop since he was a little kid.

If my memory serves me correctly.
Well the beagle Snoopy from the comic strip would do stuff that no ordinary beagle would do and in fact, much of what he did most people wouldn't do. I suppose that would suit Snoop the rap star since he did stuff that most ordinary people wouldn't do, he became a big star. And he does make good music.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well the beagle Snoopy from the comic strip would do stuff that no ordinary beagle would do and in fact, much of what he did most people wouldn't do. I suppose that would suit Snoop the rap star since he did stuff that most ordinary people wouldn't do, he became a big star. And he does make good music.
snoopy isnt based on a factual beagle you know, though i have it on good authority he is into 50s music

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
naming cities after people and particularly naming people after cities is also a very american thing to do

her parents are RICH, her fathers Scottish her mothers Asian, no i really doubt she was named after some tin pot city in Tennessee,
Charlie XCX is half asian? Never noticed. But that's cool, so am I.

Anyway, Charlotte is a city in North Carolina, quite the city I must say. No doubt she was named after that.

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
snoopy isnt based on a factual beagle you know, though i have it on good authority he is into 50s music
Well obviously he isn't, after all I've never heard of a factual beagle fighting the Red Baron.

And 50s music is good, some of it.

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
I would also like to point out that William Broad is an awesome rock star.

ShortBridge

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
snoopy isnt based on a factual beagle you know,...

I don't usually take the bait with you, but in this case, it's too easy to win this argument.

Of course, Snoopy is a real beagle. Want proof? I offer the gold standard of Martial Talk proof: YouTube

Indisputable.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't usually take the bait with you, but in this case, it's too easy to win this argument.

Of course, Snoopy is a real beagle. Want proof? I offer the gold standard of Martial Talk proof: YouTube

Indisputable.
HAHAHAHAHA

Good grief I love Peanuts :)

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
A thread involving old music and charlie brown? Admittedly a solid two decades earlier, but this has to be linked.

Latest Discussions