Just found this place, thought I would introduce myself

V

Van Kuen

Hey everyone, glad to find what looks to be a great martial arts forum environment. I used to be (and sometimes still visit) part of the kungfuonline forums a few years ago, but it seems that community has deteriorated a bit.

My name is Van, I live in San Antonio as you may be able to tell from my profile. My core background is in TCMA (traditional chinese martial arts). More specifically Wing chun, Silent dragon shaolin and Jingang chuan. Currently however I tend to stick (no pun intended) to wing chun. I also have a stong background in both muay thai and as a child TKD. Of course along the way I have, as we all do, learned bits and pieces of other styles. So I've been lucky enough to experience a little of most of whats out there. I look forward to learning some wisdom from those more experienced, and to be able to help those that are on the same path as I.

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Van Kuen, on behalf of the staff, welcome to Martial Talk! There are many different things to do and see here, so enjoy your stay, and happy posting!

gmunoz

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Van, I was previously a JKD practitioner and Wing Chun still piques my interests. I am glad to see you come aboard. Welcome. Hope to see you around.

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome also, to the forum. Its interesting that you did TKD as a child. Maybe this instilled the desire to further martial arts in your life. I am hoping that is the case for my grown children now. Actually the oldest wants to do Kung Fu now. She has a BB in TKD. Anyway, glad you have joined us. TW

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome to MT..

Latest Discussions