Thought I'd Introduce Myself

ST1Doppelganger

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Hello,

I've been formally training martial arts since 1998 and started off my martial arts journey with Shoot Fighting, Brazilian Ju Jitsu, & Judo so i originally come from a Grappling/MMA background. I then switched to Choy Li Fut Kung Fu where I worked up to being one of my Sifu's instructors and taught for about 3 years. I would say CLF is my foundation art for my stand up but I have filled in some of the gaps that CLF might have in it by cross training in Yang Style Tai Chi Chuan, Bagua Chuan & Wing Chun that I consider my complimentary arts to my CLF.

I currently don't have an instructor and am learning thru media since I relocated and figured my foundation in CLF & Bagua will allow me to continue learning new material but am aware of the valuable missing feedback that an instructor would be giving me.

I currently have a WC training partner from Eddie Chong's lineage and after I get my wisdom teeth yanked out i will be joining a school that teaches Judo, Aikido & BJJ that has individual instructors for each art which I consider important because there's too many mixed up art mc dojos out there these days.

I'm actually excited about training aikido since I've always found it an interesting Japanese art and want to see how applicable it is. I will say im excited about continuing my judo since its a very fun art and really teaches the finer details of off balancing. The fact that I have the opportunity to test out my Kung Fu stand up against the MMA people at the new dojo I will be joining is also a major bonus since I know they won't be use to a TCMA style.

I just thought id take the time to give you a bit of my back ground so you know I'm not a noob troll on this forum.

Thanks for your time.

OP
ST1Doppelganger

ST1Doppelganger

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Do I know you......who are you again :uhyeah:

Got to know you a bit on DL and I'm glad to see you here...Welcome to MT

LOL Xue & Thanks now I have to get use to thanking people instead of liking the posts since it seems to be what people do here am i correct?

OP
ST1Doppelganger

ST1Doppelganger

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Well this seems to be a pretty active forum so thats why I joined up i could care less about my rank in a forum lol.

jezr74

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing ST1Doppelganger, and a belated welcome.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
very interesting, my names Donald, studying in goju rye karate, kobudo, and have some experience with white crane and northern shaolin kung fu
nice to meet you

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well this seems to be a pretty active forum so thats why I joined up i could care less about my rank in a forum lol.
Welcome to MartialTalk.
Most people here don't care about their forum rank and rep/thanks rating. But Xue and I take it very seriously, and I'm about to make my move and catch up with him ;)

OP
ST1Doppelganger

ST1Doppelganger

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome im an insomniac so ill be pretty active since it's how i kill my dark hours till I'm finally tired.

OP
ST1Doppelganger

ST1Doppelganger

Brown Belt
Reaction score
nice to read your intro piece since i've been conversing with you elsewhere in these boards :)

welcome along :)

scooby queries welcome ;)

You should join the igotasti forum its a much better subie forum then NASIOC in my opinion.