Just finished project.

Juany118

Senior Master
Reaction score
20161018_165803.jpg

Any suggestions for improvement welcome.

OP
Juany118

Juany118

Senior Master
Reaction score
I did learn one lesson, tires are tougher to drill than I thought they would be. I used my 18v cordless, should have broken out the old school corded drill lol.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I did learn one lesson, tires are tougher to drill than I thought they would be. I used my 18v cordless, should have broken out the old school corded drill lol.
Nice. did you make the frame or purchase it? Gonna give us a demonstration?
As far as drilling holes in the tires..nails on the freeway have always done the trick for me :D

OP
Juany118

Juany118

Senior Master
Reaction score
Nice. did you make the frame or purchase it? Gonna give us a demonstration?
As far as drilling holes in the tires..nails on the freeway have always done the trick for me :D

Bought the frame for like $70.00 at a pawn shop (standard heavy bag frame) but Dick's is selling em for $99.00 @ the moment. I was going to make a frame with 2x4s but realized this would actually be about the same money as the materials cost.

After some testing I will likely film a demo. Just not sure if I want the top tire this way or with a perpendicular orientation. There is a single 3/8" bolt holding them together so rotation is easy.

Also depends on the wife filming. No tripod, so I would need her to hold my phone lol.

OP
Juany118

Juany118

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think I prefer this iteration but it will require a bit more testing...

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1476841492935.jpg
    FB_IMG_1476841492935.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 376
OP
Juany118

Juany118

Senior Master
Reaction score
You ride time trial or triathlon maybe?
Good eye.

I used to do road and cyclocross racing the deep dish are also good for cross for sand and mud and since those are tubulars less chance for pinch flats when running low pressure to take the edge off rough courses. Don't race anymore but do ride for fun still. :)

OP
Juany118

Juany118

Senior Master
Reaction score
Maybe another brace to hold the two tyres?
If you mean the top, there are actually 2 seperate lines of 550 cord so I think that's good. If you mean connecting the tires to each other the single bolt is what allows me to change the orientation and some rotation when struck if I remove the bungie cords, but I know I may be taking a chance there over time. But thanks for the suggestions :)

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Good eye.

I used to do road and cyclocross racing the deep dish are also good for cross for sand and mud and since those are tubulars less chance for pinch flats when running low pressure to take the edge off rough courses. Don't race anymore but do ride for fun still. :)
You ride CX then I imagine you are probably Captain Quads haha..I think your straight front kicks be a thing to see in that case! :D x

OP
Juany118

Juany118

Senior Master
Reaction score
You ride CX then I imagine you are probably Captain Quads haha..I think your straight front kicks be a thing to see in that case! :D x

Lol, not as big as they used to be since I just do it for fun now but I do still look odd in some pants. My wife got me a pair of slim fit slacks for Christmas last year because overall I am skinny. Luckily they have some stretch to em because they look like spandex on my thighs but then are all loose below the knee.

realg7

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Stick play I assume?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Latest Discussions