JUKO KAI Combat Ki????????????

VSanhodo

Green Belt
Reaction score
I recently saw a demo where they called the system Juko Kai combat Ki. These ppl were taking shot to the throat, groin etc. Now first let me say I was not impressed at all. Most of what I saw I thought was BS but hey I am always open. My question is simply this, Has anyone studied, seen or know anything about this system? I would like to hear from you. I dont have to agree with you to respect your views. All posts are encouraged and welcome.

Thanks
San

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Stand back everyone- it's going to BLOW!!!!!!!!!! :321:

Seriously, they have been discussed on a lot of forums. You might want to start with the search function here at martialtalk and then move to a google search.

I have a feeling this is going to be a very, very ugly thread.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You must have seen the episode on the discovery channel tonight and I'm not at all impress with this type of training please I know if I personally hit someone in the thoat I'll put them on there knees and gasping for air, and if I kick you in the goin you are not getting up for a while. My God is anybody really believing this crap.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Obviously...yes. How many people first enter the martial arts expecting to be able to do mystical things, after all?

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
VSanhodo said:
I recently saw a demo where they called the system Juko Kai combat Ki. These ppl were taking shot to the throat, groin etc. Now first let me say I was not impressed at all. Most of what I saw I thought was BS but hey I am always open. My question is simply this, Has anyone studied, seen or know anything about this system? I would like to hear from you. I dont have to agree with you to respect your views. All posts are encouraged and welcome.

Thanks
San

I saw a demo of this "art" on a documentary on the Top 10 Martial Arts. Needless to say, I was not impressed with this at all! First off, I find it hard to believe that anyone could take hits like that and not end up with some serious injuries. The second that I noticed, is that they had to "prepare" themselves for these hits. Sorry, but in a combat situation, you're not going to have time to sit there, and gear yourself up for these shots.

This "Instructor" is obviously very good at one thing, and thats being able to convince people that he is actually for real.

Mike

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
VSanhodo said:

Thanks
San
About 3 years ago a guy by the name of Don Cunningham, Stephen Fabian, Jeff Boler, myself and several other people blew the lid of this guys BS operation.

It all started when I did a GOOGLE search for a style my very good friend had trained in at the honbu, the style is called Hontai Yoshin Ryu.

When I clicked on one of the responses a webpage popped up with a photo, in that photo was my good bud standing there with a group of westerners and his teacher Mr. Inoue.

Under the photo it said something like Sacharnoski and students after extensive training at the Honbu. I asked my pal about it and he said that was BS since they only trained in Hontai Yoshin Ryu one day (whch Sacharnoski sat out) and one day do whatever sword style Mr. Inoue teaches. Upon further investigation of his website I saw Sacharnoski claimed to be the US Rep. for Motobu Ryu.

I shot an email off to Sacharnoski asking “what’s up?” with the photo and his claim of being Motobu Ryu’s US director. I got the standard cock-n-bull story. So I called the Honbu for Motobu Ryu, they said “we know any Sacharnoski and don’t have a US Rep. for our style”.

Then there was the whole Oriental University scam where Sacharnoski was claiming to be a Phd. And selling degrees over the internet.

Here is more info:

Juko-Kai founder
ordered to pay
$50,000 in harassment, forgery case

WHEATON, IL -- Rod Sacharnoski, founder of Juko-Kai, International, was ordered to pay $50,000 damages for
telephone harassment and forgery on Thursday, Oct. 23, in the 18th Judicial Circuit Court of DuPage County.
After hearing testimony and reviewing hundreds of pages of evidence in the
case, Judge Kenneth A. Abraham ordered Sacharnoski to pay $50,000 in compensatory
and punitive damages to Don Cunningham. A judo instructor and former competitor,
Cunningham is a well-known lecturer and author of two books on the history of
traditional Japanese martial arts.

The original complaint alleges that Sacharnoski frequently contacted the Aurora, IL, resident "with the intent to abuse, threaten, and harass." The second count charges that Sacharnoski forged the plaintiff's name on subscription requests for magazines and other services. Further, the complaint alleges the defendant also conspired with other parties to commit these felonies and to intimidate and annoy Cunningham.
Sacharnoski is the leader of a Texas-based martial arts association.
According to his web site, Juko-Kai has various divisions including ninpo arts and is allegedly authorized by Masaaki Hatsumi of the Bujinkan, an international martial arts organization based on ninja mythology. Sacharnoski and his
followers were recently featured in Discovery Channel documentaries
demonstrating "Combat Ki" by kicking and punching each other in the groin and throat

http://www.e-budokai.com/jukokai/index.htm

Here is a link for more stuff

http://www.frankfortinfo.com/pdf/MAC_REPORT.PDF

If E-Budo ever gets back up you can find tons of info and links about Dr. Sach and Jukokai......none of it very good for Dr. Sach

OP
V

VSanhodo

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hi again folks

Firslt let me say as I mentioned in my previous thread, I know this guy is full of Bs and was not and am not impressed. Now for the whole story. I wanted to write and place the trhead and see what type of response we would get.
About 3 weeks ago, just prior to Easter I was in Tampa Florida and saw a demo featuring Juko Kai. As mentioned previously they showed all sorts of stunts. First this is stupid training. I dont care if you are willing to harm yourself but to train ppl in BS with the belief they are going to become impervious to pain and strikes is just plain Irresponsible.
During the demo, they asked anyone in the croud to volunteer to help hold one of the studnets while this guy took a kick to the chest. YEP you guessed It I volunteered. The guy got down on this knees and I was asked to stand behind him and to use my knees to hold him in position. I was positioned about a foot from him (??????) and then sure enough he took the kick, The distance between us allowed him to take the kick sort of like a shock absorber. The croud went wild and thought this was the greatest thing since sliced bread.
Later I was called upon again, only this time to punch the guy in the chest. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm Did I mention I louve Bogu Kumite, I didnt say I was any good at it I just luv the training. Now with that being said, The guy summoned up all of his Ki / Chi and another volunteer punched him in the chest. The guy hit like a girl. Then they give the guy a moment to recover and then asked me to punch him in the chest full force. Hmmmmmmmmm ok, twist my arm. I have to admit I was somewhat of a jerk about it. Again he summoned up his mystical powers, called upon the power ranfers for guidance and support, Prayed to the Ninja Turtles and then he was ready. So I did what any red blooded amercian would do. I ACTED as though I was going to punch him, some of you would call it a fake (I DONT FAKE) Kinda like when someone tells you they are going to push you and they raise their arms and go through the motions and at the last second they dont push but the person leans forward and dman near falls down. Well, thats kinda what I did to the guy, When I went to punch he exhaled real hard, Hehehhe but I didnt punch, Now one thing I know once you exhale you are out of breath and you have to inhale. Hit a guy while he is inhaling and it is much more effective. So, While he was sucking in air I punched him kinda hard in the chest, actually just below in the xyphoid Process. Hells' Bell's You woulda thought I killed the guy, He collapsed in a pile sucking for air. The instructor there rused to his students aid and a few minutes later had the nerve to tell the crowd I punched him wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last night I came across the discovery channel and saw a special on various BS arts and it reminded me of what had happened. I usually dont go around tooting my own horn and telling tales of guts and glory. But after seeing this in person and then seeing it last night on the Discovery channel I decided I just had to write. Rahter than explain what had happened a few weeks ago, I decided to wait and see what kind of responses we would get.
As usual You folks are right on top of things and already know this system, instructor are BS.
But again all posts are incouraged and welcome.
Thanks again

San

Franc0

Purple Belt
Reaction score
VSanhodo, good job! I met a guy who said he studied Combat Ki, and we went through pretty much the same thing as you, with the same results. I punched, the guy dropped like a sack, and after he recovered, he said "You cheated!" :rolleyes: I suppose next time we do something like this, we should get it on video huh?

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
MJS said:
I saw a demo of this "art" on a documentary on the Top 10 Martial Arts. Needless to say, I was not impressed with this at all! First off, I find it hard to believe that anyone could take hits like that and not end up with some serious injuries. The second that I noticed, is that they had to "prepare" themselves for these hits. Sorry, but in a combat situation, you're not going to have time to sit there, and gear yourself up for these shots.

This "Instructor" is obviously very good at one thing, and thats being able to convince people that he is actually for real.

Mike

Mike et al,

The punch to the throat is done with a back hand slap or with the complete fist so the attack is done with a wide area of attack, which allows for the person to absorb it, If you punch and or strike in a smaller zone it is harder to absorb. As to the kicks to the groin if you kick with the arch of the foot to the bottom of the groin, then the person can roll their hips forward and absorb the impact on the rear end.

Or at least this is how I have seen some do it when I have seen the demos, by people. (* Never been to an event. *) During the Discovery portion on this, I saw the instructor strike a beginnner, with the hand cupped, and then strike into the throat to demonstrate that people can take it.

Nothing I would spend much time on myself.
:rolleyes:

OP
V

VSanhodo

Green Belt
Reaction score
Andrew Green said:
Shock value + essentially a magic trick = Good tv ratings ;)
Wow, I think you summed it up very well.
Ummmmmm I was errrr going to say the same thing, Yeah thats it The samething. Yeah, thats it ummmmm I think
Heheheheheh

Good Job

Thanks

San

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
Sir, I like your comments and thoughts on this.
:asian:
I actually did post something but decided it wasn't important

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
arnisador said:
Obviously...yes. How many people first enter the martial arts expecting to be able to do mystical things, after all?
Damm good point

V

valacruz

I agree with Zujitsuka ZujitsukaLike the late, great master Moses Powell said, "I have seen some cats do some crazy stuff. But can they fight?"

I also saw the Dicovery channels presentaion on Juko Kai. All I noticed was people being struck by bigger people. I never once saw a kata, or anything else. I think it's just another way for people to get on the band wagon.

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
valacruz said:
I also saw the Dicovery channels presentaion on Juko Kai. All I noticed was people being struck by bigger people. I never once saw a kata, or anything else. I think it's just another way for people to get on the band wagon.
Just as was stated earlier, it is great for TV ratings and it bumps up their student enrollment.

Mr. Rouuselot, Have you also noticed that he has claims in the World Head of Family Sokeship Council. Agter seeing their display on Discovery I started researching them and there claims. Their claims are just like a pasta strainer. They don't hold water.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
searcher said:
Mr. Rouuselot, Have you also noticed that he has claims in the World Head of Family Sokeship Council. Agter seeing their display on Discovery I started researching them and there claims. Their claims are just like a pasta strainer. They don't hold water.
He doesn't need them too, he needs them to hold students. He's had his credentials mentioned on the Discovery Channel, for many people that is enough to stop questioning right there.

Latest Discussions