Moses Powell vs Rickson Gracie

SwedishChef

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I know its not fair comparing the departed to the living but...what do you all think? I'd vote for Dr. Powell.

I

Ippon Ken

SwedishChef said:
I know its not fair comparing the departed to the living but...what do you all think? I'd vote for Dr. Powell.
Why? From what I've seen of his senior students, and understanding the shortcomings of Vee-Arnis JJ which is a big part of his base knowledge, I can't believe you would even think that. Do you know who Rickson Gracie is? Have you ever seen his "Choke" video?

I don't doubt that Professor Powell had skills, but real fighting skills and natural real fighting aptitude like Rickson?

I don't agree.

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
SwedishChef said:
Who cares?

I'd rate a martial artist on their contribution to the arts in addition to their personal skill - not on who would hypothetically beat whom. Both were/are skilled martial artists and both have made contributions to the arts. Who is the most besterest of the two? I'd leave that up to kids in a sandbox telling each other that their big brother could beat up another one's.

Latest Discussions