JROTC drill meet today

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
As some here know, my two oldest are in the Marine Corps JROTC program in their high school. My daughter is on the unarmed drill team and my son is on the armed squad. I got some video today and want to share.

The scores for each team are based on inspections and their performance. First part are the compulsory moves, and the second part is the exhibition.

The unarmed team made a few mistakes, but still took second place.

[Yt]Udz77gcj2Gc[/Yt]

And the armed drill team took first place.

[Yt]lqUkhDgMbys[/Yt]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Nice to see, Steve :thumbs up:.

i know that some do not see the benefit of drill any more, given that infantry always deploys in 'skirmish' rather than 'line' these days. However, I cannot help but feel that that sense of binding as a unit to act as one is still of use :nods:.

Nice to see, Steve :thumbs up:.

i know that some do not see the benefit of drill any more, given that infantry always deploys in 'skirmish' rather than 'line' these days. However, I cannot help but feel that that sense of binding as a unit to act as one is still of use :nods:.

It's like a forms competition. The team also has a physical fitness/strength competition and a marksmanship squad.

My kids love it, and that's enough for me.

Here are a couple picture.

e3yzasu5.jpg

6yhyzuha.jpg

e7u2ahyn.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My kids really enjoy it. They have to be at school at 6am every morning, but it counts for PE credit and they have a really good time.

Awesome! JROTC was fantastic for my niece

Latest Discussions

Back