Joined a Gym today

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
So I joined a gym today. Nothing motivates a workout like money on the line.

BJJ guy helped with the membership. Nice guy with his down low about Kung Fu, but I had no general answer for it.

BJJ guy says. "I have a lot of respect for the guys who moved up in the ranks. There's nothing more humbling than getting your butt kicked." Some may not think it's not a dig, but we all know very well that most kung fu students aren't getting their butts kicked on a regular. So I smiled. Most that I said in response was that I like to fight and that people have the wrong impression of violence. When it hurts you know it works. It's been a while since I've felt like this. I hope they spar at the other gym location.

So it looks like I'm going to have some BJJ and Muay Thai guys to go against once this covid stuff gets under better control. I got my booster shot so right now I'm in a good place in terms of the medicine approach to being health. All I have to do now is get my health to where it needs to be and start dusting off my skill sets. The Gym is 24/7 so I can go at anytime I want to train. That will allow me to train when most people don't. I'm feeling good about this as it's been a while since I've been around this much training equipment. I'll get to post by before and after picture. I'll see what I can do in 3 months as I make the most out of this membership. I'm stuck in it for a Year.

My first video that I'll share will probably be the knuckle and arm conditioning that I do. It's not exciting but it gives some insight to my training approach using the heavy bag. I know at one time I stated that I will share my training routine. So I want to make good on that. Covid is still out there so I'm going to make sure that my training is safe in terms of that.

This will be my new "high altitude training mask"
1642867271631.png

I'll probably hit the gym later tonight to start on my hand, knuckle, and arm conditioning.

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well done on the COVID-safety and enjoy your exciting journey. I’m sure it’ll be great..tough but great!😉

OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Well done on the COVID-safety and enjoy your exciting journey. I’m sure it’ll be great..tough but great!😉
yeah safety first and a 24/7 gym makes that easier.

OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Oh brilliant man! 24 hour gyms are awesome, have a ball!!!
Day one reality check. Just trying to get a good feel of where I am. Hit the heavy bag for 1hr 30 min working on various techniques. I enjoyed myself greatly. No I know some of the things I need to work on, repair,brush up.

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
Glad you got a gym to go to. I posted awhile back about my local fitness gym that has an entire boxing setup. But their list of rules is so limiting the only thing you can do with it is shadow box. No kicks, no hard punching, you havevto wear their huge gloves. I was told explicitly if the camera catches you not adhering to the rules your membership is revoked. Needless to say I walked out disappointed.

OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Glad you got a gym to go to. I posted awhile back about my local fitness gym that has an entire boxing setup. But their list of rules is so limiting the only thing you can do with it is shadow box. No kicks, no hard punching, you havevto wear their huge gloves. I was told explicitly if the camera catches you not adhering to the rules your membership is revoked. Needless to say I walked out disappointed.
wow. what's the point of having the equipment up if you can't hit it or kick it. Are they afraid that the punching bags will be damaged lol. Those are the strangest set of rules for a punching bag. Do they still have those same rules? I can't imagine those rules lasting long before they start to wonder why no one is using their punching bags.

Latest Discussions