Jkd instructor

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
But you're the guy needing quote my post that was directed towards someone else, therefore I wasn't even talking to you. Wouldn't that be deemed as being more obsessive?
Try not to be ridiculous. Anything you post on a public forum is, obviously, there for anyone and everyone to respond to.

jayoliver00

Black Belt
Reaction score
Its a forum for discussion. Discussing includes commentary and opinion. Thus, I have chosen( likely unwisely) to comment on your opinion. It’s just always the same old merry go round. MMA vs Everything else. It’s old and tired and holds no water. Style vs style arguments are the equivalent of any opinion based rant. So, there you go, my opinion of your opinion, which you restated time and time again. Don’t take it personal, your opinion is just as valid as mine.

I totally agree. Which is why I replied to your post in said, "forum for discussion"; and I'm not against you being obsessed by it.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Try to understand what I said, in context. Thanks.
I understood it perfectly well. You complained that someone replied to your public post on an international forum 'because you weren't talking to them". I pointed out that, in fact, you WERE talking to them, and anybody else who cared to read it. That's sort of how forums such as this work.
If you want a private conversation, take it to PM. That's what it's for.

jayoliver00

Black Belt
Reaction score
I understood it perfectly well. You complained that someone replied to your public post on an international forum 'because you weren't talking to them". I pointed out that, in fact, you WERE talking to them, and anybody else who cared to read it. That's sort of how forums such as this work.
If you want a private conversation, take it to PM. That's what it's for.

I don't think you did, def. not perfectly well. I never complained about him responding to my public post. I was arguing that his calling me obsessive, was being hypocritical of himself.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think you did, def. not perfectly well. I never complained about him responding to my public post. I was arguing that his calling me obsessive, was being hypocritical of himself.
I don't think you understand how forums work, then. People respond to others, regardless of who they were talking to. Otherwise there'd be no discussion to be had.

jayoliver00

Black Belt
Reaction score
I don't think you understand how forums work, then. People respond to others, regardless of who they were talking to. Otherwise there'd be no discussion to be had.

I don't think you understand what I said though b/c I wasn't complaining about his butting in.

jayoliver00

Black Belt
Reaction score
I never said you were complaining about it.

you said:

"I don't think you understand how forums work, then. People respond to others, regardless of who they were talking to. Otherwise there'd be no discussion to be had."

This implied that I was.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
you said:

"I don't think you understand how forums work, then. People respond to others, regardless of who they were talking to. Otherwise there'd be no discussion to be had."

This implied that I was.
Ah, you misunderstood. I was referring to the other part of your statement, where you were saying Wing Woo Gar was being obsessive by replying to you on a forum. Since that's normal behavior on a forum, but you find it obsessive, that is why I don't think you understand how forums work.

Latest Discussions