Jett Travolta dies at 16.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jett fell in the bathtub and died today.

NASSAU, Bahamas - An autopsy is planned for John Travolta's teenage son, who died after apparently hitting his head on the bathtub while the family was vacationing at their home in the Bahamas, authorities said. Jett Travolta, 16, had last been seen entering the bathroom on Thursday and had a history of seizures, Police Superintendent Basil Rahming said in a statement.

Jett had Kawasaki Syndrome/Disease and was being treated with modalities approved by the Church of Scientology.

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Horrible. Every parents' worst nightmare. :(

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That is terrible news for any parent, my heart goes out to them.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I read that they are investigating if he was being treated properly, and if he was taking the Drugs he "needed" to be on.

Don't you think that the family should be allowed to Grieve for crying out loud?

OP
shesulsa

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I read that they are investigating if he was being treated properly, and if he was taking the Drugs he "needed" to be on.

Don't you think that the family should be allowed to Grieve for crying out loud?

Of course ... but the law doesn't work that way, especially with religious exemption cases and especially with the COS. If they suspect medical neglect, we'll be reading much more about them than we ever needed to know.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It has been my understanding that Jett was Autistic. Is Kawasaki Syndrome similar?

OP
shesulsa

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It has been my understanding that Jett was Autistic. Is Kawasaki Syndrome similar?

Kawasaki is an autoimmune disease and can include or lead to developmental delays. I'd heard reports that he was autistic too, though have never seen it verified by the family officially. When John made Jett's Kawasaki public, I expected to hear about the autism too, but didn't.

Not sure what the real answer is.

OP
shesulsa

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OP
shesulsa

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Frankly, it doesn't really matter if he was autistic or not, but the media is already in a frenzy over this ... and they shouldn't be.

donna

Black Belt
Reaction score
Frankly, it doesn't really matter if he was autistic or not, but the media is already in a frenzy over this ... and they shouldn't be.
The fact is, that a loving family has lost a son, and that is just so sad. I feel for them .

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The fact is, that a loving family has lost a son, and that is just so sad. I feel for them .

Amen to that. My thoughts and prayers to the family :asian:

Latest Discussions