Steroids plague pro wrestling.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congressman: Steroids still plague pro wrestling

A key congressman says the "apparently widespread use" of steroids in pro wrestling is sending a bad message to youngsters, and he wants the government to do something about it.

I confess--I was shocked, shocked by this news. If it weren't for Santa Claus and WMDs in Iraq I'd have nothing left to believe in!

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Then I guess congress should step in in all athletics since it is everywhere withen sports.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Congressman: Steroids still plague pro wrestling

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090103/ap_on_sp_ot/congress_steroids_pro_wrestling
Sat Jan 3, 4:55 pm ET

WASHINGTON – A key congressman says the "apparently widespread use" of steroids in pro wrestling is sending a bad message to youngsters, and he wants the government to do something about it.
In a letter released Friday, Rep. Henry Waxman, D-Calif., requested that John Walters, director of the president's Office of National Drug Control Policy, "examine the systemic deficiencies in the testing policies and practices of professional wrestling."
Waxman, chairman of the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, has led a congressional investigation into steroid use in professional wrestling for more than a year, spurred in part by the murder-suicide deaths of wrestler Chris Benoit and his family in Georgia in June 2007.
Definitely the wrong message is getting across from these huge guys smashing chairs and what nots onto each other's backs and heads and taking flying leaps off the top ropes and shaking their fists at the camera while spouting derogatories and vanity filled rhetoric at their arch rivals. Seems they're at least legally able to pump themselves up with muscle enhancing drugs to look bigger than they actually are.
Pretty sad.
What do you think?

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
Gotta love it. They attacked WWE back in the Hulkamania hayday. Gee looking at Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, Lex Lugger, and countless others. Baseball is getting the limelight, so should the NBA, NFL, NHL, MMA, American Gladiators, etc.

In all actuality I blame the IFBB and the Weider's. I mean Arnold, Franco, Lou, etc. were big enough. Then they pushed the envelope with Haney, then Dorian Yates. I haven't kept up with Pro Bodybuilding but man the last time I looked these guys looked like cartoons.