Its all fun and games till his feelings got hurt.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The announcer asked the crowd whether they wanted to see "Obama run down by a bull." He then repeatedly used Obama's name in a derisive manner at a state-sponsored event. That was the problem. Yes, they should be embarrassed.
From Rush Limbaugh's show today:
The Missouri chapter of the NAACP wants the Secret Service and the Justice Department to investigate the incident. (back in studio) I spoke with the Secret Service about this, and a spokesman there told me they're aware of the incident but they've determined that this behavior does not rise to the level of a threat. The Justice Department has declined to comment at this time.
RUSH: They had to call the Secret Service! They had to call the Secret Service to find out that this act does not rise to the level of a threat? The NAACP is calling this a hate crime. It's a clown! Anyway, another little clarification. I haven't spent much time defending the act of the clown. What gets me is this insane, irrational overreaction to it. Now that, my friends, has been my focus.
Because, to me, the way the left in this country is behaving is no different than
radical Islamists when they see Mohammed being made fun of in cartoons. That's how irrational the left in this country is being over this This is a nothing thing. Clowns make fun of things! Clowns are comedians! And the clown goes out wearing an Obama mask, and because Obama happens to be African-American, we've got a hate crime now?
Of course all this is done on purpose. This is all about silencing and eliminating any opposition. This is embarrassing. This is a national embarrassment, the reaction to this. With the news that we have today of the NSA, this massive amount of spying they've been doing, the mistakes they have been making, quote/unquote? I mean, the Washington Post? You could legitimately ask today if I'm now editing the Washington Post as well as asking if I'm editing the New York Times.
END EXCERPT
Nice to see your outrage is so selective:

bush-hung.gif

death-pres-low.gif

MAN THE F UP! Obama CHOSE to be a politician. Politicians get MOCKED, this is NOTHING NEW.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
MAN THE F UP! Obama CHOSE to be a politician. Politicians get MOCKED, this is NOTHING NEW.

Quite so - indeed it is something to be treasured and appreciated as a sign that the concept of a free society is not dead just yet.

[video=youtube_share;DPzzgE34YQY]http://youtu.be/DPzzgE34YQY[/video]

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

But this mockery was supported by the state of Missouri at one of their official events. I don't recall the NY state govt. putting on an anti-Bush skit, for example.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Y'know... I don't think Obama himself has publicly expressed an opinion about this at all... (Which kind of surprises me. Maybe he's starting to learn about not opening his mouth...)

I don't go to enough rodeos to know what the usual range is, and one explanation made the broomstick more acceptable to me (that the clown was supposed to be a dummy, then suddenly run off... a little along the air show staple of the groundskeeper or the like getting into a plane and taking off by "accident")... but, in this case, the Missouri County Fair said that it wasn't funny, and that particular clown is no longer welcome. He's got plenty of other places to go. It's well within the business prerogative to make that decision. Nobody's made any criminal charges, and there's no indication anyone is going to be silly enough to do so.

It was a joke. It wasn't found to be funny, and was found to be in poor taste. It's the Fair's call if they want him back or not. Personally, as I believe I indicated above, I don't think that was really necessary -- but it was their call. I'd kind of think something more like a bit of an *** chewing, maybe some discipline from the professional clown association. Nothing needed to go beyond the people actually and directly involved.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
But this mockery was supported by the state of Missouri at one of their official events. I don't recall the NY state govt. putting on an anti-Bush skit, for example.

Did the governor, or some appointed hack write the clown's bit?

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It was a joke. It wasn't found to be funny, and was found to be in poor taste. It's the Fair's call if they want him back or not. .

According to the article everyone cheered so it sounds like he was doing a good job playing to his audience. Ive never been to a Rodeo but I would assume a Rodeo in that area is less favorable to Obama then proObama so he was playing the odds.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

is the Missouri state fair a state Govt event? The Maryland state fair I believe is privatly owned and run by corp. sponsors

OP
Tgace

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
is the Missouri state fair a state Govt event? The Maryland state fair I believe is privatly owned and run by corp. sponsors

But....but...it has the word STATE in it.....

In this case though I think the State may actually sponsor the event.

What I find at issue here is the selective outrage...the NAACP calling for the Secret Service and DOJ to investigate. The president of the rodeo association facing an investigation into his full time job for the actions of a rodeo clown? Seriously?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What I find at issue here is the selective outrage...the NAACP calling for the Secret Service and DOJ to investigate. The president of the rodeo association facing an investigation into his full time job for the actions of a rodeo clown? Seriously?

I agree it's disproportionate to the offense. The media keeps hyping it because it's a good story.

DennisBreene

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Sadly, this smacks of the "other side of the looking glass" as it relates to race. It is safe to be in poor taste with a white president and racist if the president is black. The reaction to the incident demonstrates that racism is still active in the public arena, but it is the racism of overcompensation and not hate crimes. We still have a way to go in this country.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
But....but...it has the word STATE in it.....

In this case though I think the State may actually sponsor the event.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

The usual pot stirrers making bank...

Latest Discussions