Italy or France?

Who's winning the World Cup?

• Italy

• France

Results are only viewable after voting.

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think Italy. That was a rough game for the family to watch, parents and wife are German. 'Props' to Italy!

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I say France, because the USA tied Italy! and, we've heard over and over how horrible the USA team was. :)

Actually, from the few games I've watched I think France is technically superior. Passes have been spot on and fewer mistakes. Hopefully the diving doesn't have an impact on the outcome. All the diving that goes on is what keeps me from putting football up there with, well football.

samurai69

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I pulled out france in our draw at the local bar.......so if they win i stand to win €80 ............so vive la france :)

evenflow1121

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
France 2-1 France reminds me of the 1994 Brazilian National Team. They execute a high powered offense until they score over their opponents then they close out and switch to defense. Italy has a better goalie in my opinion, but France has a better all around squad.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Brian R. VanCise said:
Italy has only let in one goal in regulation time. (USA)

And Italy scored the USA goal on themselves.

I heard an interview with a soccer 'expert' on NPR earlier. He thinks it will be Italy. The big difference being Italy's goalkeeper is solid and French goalkeeper, not so much.

samurai69

Blue Belt
Reaction score
crushing said:
The big difference being Italy's goalkeeper is solid and French goalkeeper, not so much.

Yeh. bartez fluffed a few balls in the last game