Islamaphobiaphobia in Britain...?

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ahhhh....you missed my point entirely. Child molestation is not approved, and canon law states what to do with an offender...none of the steps include calling the police. There have been MA instructors abusing kids in the news, why weren't there organizations stepping forward and saying we will punish them our way? Is it because MA instructors have to follow the same laws as everyone else?

There are people that come to the U.S. and embrace Sharia as part of their way of living a productive, moral life. There are also those who wish to escape it. If I am not mistaken, it is a Sharia governing body, not an individual, who decides who Sharia applies to....even former Muslims who have left the community.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sharia law cannot be applied to a Muslim that refuses to recognize it. Where in the US is there any threat of Sharia law becomming civil law? Anywhere? Detroit MI has the highest percentage of Muslim population in the US. I don't see either Detroit or MI adopting Sharia as the base for the laws, do you? So why is this an issue that needs addressed, in Kansas of all places? A state that has a relatively low Muslim population. It isn't the need to protect the law from Sharia corruption. Sure, if Muslims in Kansas where substituting Sharia for Kansas law, I could see enacting such legislation. I live on the Kansas Missouri border, so it would be local news if there were. There haven't been.

I also find Kansan republican legilators to be hypocritical as hell, since they have passed many laws based on thier own Evangical Christian faith that citizens must follow whether they are part of the same faith or not. They pass a law saying Sharia law has no part in Kansas society since religion and state are to be seperated, yet the same people create laws opposing gay marriage, severely limiting abortion rights, and women's health. Remember these are the same people that a few years ago also insisted that creationism be taught in public schools. Seperation of church and state is not a real concern for these men and women. So why make a law addressing a non-issue of Sharia law?

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ahhhh....you missed my point entirely. Child molestation is not approved, and canon law states what to do with an offender...none of the steps include calling the police. There have been MA instructors abusing kids in the news, why weren't there organizations stepping forward and saying we will punish them our way? Is it because MA instructors have to follow the same laws as everyone else?

There are people that come to the U.S. and embrace Sharia as part of their way of living a productive, moral life. There are also those who wish to escape it. If I am not mistaken, it is a Sharia governing body, not an individual, who decides who Sharia applies to....even former Muslims who have left the community.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I am afraid I am missing the point, too.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Islamaphobiaphobia in the U.S....

http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/06/under_allah_with_sharia_for_all.html

Last week, a white African-American friend and her husband returned to Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) from a European trip and observed an American-Muslim woman from their flight navigating U.S. Immigration and Customs. The couple watched attentively as the covered woman approached the immigration officer, who avoided eye contact, glanced hastily at the woman's ID, and waved her heedlessly through. When it was their turn to be processed, the officer carefully scrutinized their faces, studied their passport photos, and then repeated the sequence a second time.
While shopping in a Washington, D.C. suburban supermarket, an Iranian-American human rights activist, who fled Iran following the Khomeini-led revolution, spied a woman in a multi-layered hijab shopping with her playful young daughter. In the parking lot, the woman struck her meandering daughter as they passed by the stunned Iranian woman. The activist reprimanded the mother for hitting her daughter and cried out, "And please don't force her to wear a headscarf when she grows up." Two hours later, two police officers arrived at the Iranian woman's home to question her after the irate Muslim mother, who had recorded the activist's license plate number, summoned them.

And a dash of Fireman Bob from Britain (he is the character from British television isn't he?)

In February, David Jones, the creator of a popular British animated children's television series, was interrogated for an hour by law enforcement at Gatwick Airport near London following a matter-of-fact remark about a Muslim woman in a head-covering who breezed through security without showing her face. Jones had a scarf amongst his belongings in his airport scanning tray and joked with a security officer, "If I were wearing this scarf over my face, I wonder what would happen." Jones was forced to defend himself against charges of racism, although he uttered nothing about race, and was told to apologize to the woman. He maintained that he was referring to the lack of common sense inherent in security procedures and his reasonable contention that everyone should be treated equally.
Police & Islamophobia
As for the second incident involving the Muslim woman who struck her daughter, it is valid to consider whether police would have responded so rapidly and dramatically had the complainant not been Muslim. Would authorities have been in such a rush to interrogate the Iranian activist at her residence, or would they even have visited her home in the first place? Did police even consider whether the Muslim woman's act of striking her child was grounds for investigation, as they very well might have for a non-Muslim? Were their judgment and line of questioning clouded by the fact that they were summoned to provide a service for a Muslim woman and that, if they failed to act, problems and false charges of Islamophobia could arise with Muslim ostensible civil rights groups such as CAIR?

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:lol: I do so hate it when I find myself in agreement with the Far Right :eek:.

The cases that have been hitting the headlines here in Britain are very telling to my mind - or at least they are signifying a bit of social engineering via 'news shaping'.

We have had quite a few stories of late showing a pretty disgusting section of the immigrant population getting caught in their illegal and immoral acts. In these cases we are told that we should not judge an entire minority by the actions of a few. I actually agree with that altho I would argue that there are some pretty serious 'cultural' issues we're going to have to deal with one day, whether we want to or not.

We have also had some other cases of violent public assault, leading to injury, accompanied by such racially sensitive comments as "Kill the white *****!". What penalty did these fine immigrants from exotic shores receive? A reprimand and a non-custodial sentence.

Then we have had some other cases of evil, Imperialist, White Supremacists ... aka drunk students or Tube passengers .. Tweeting racist remarks or having a full on 'had enough' rant in public. In these cases, the perpetrators are sent to prison, their lives wrecked and are held up for public disapprobation - the clear message being not to dare say anything bad about those who are not white British ... or else.

The true racists are going to have a field day with this sort of thing.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Sukerkin, take comfort in the fact that the "right," in America is not what is believed to be the right in Europe. Here, the right stands for limited government, the rights of the individual, a colorblind society, freedom of speech, the press and of religion, and the rule of law that is represented by the blindfolded lady justice. The myth of the "right" here in America is just that, a myth. If you like equality and freedom for all people regardless of race, creed or color, then you would be a member of the "right," here in the states. Welcome to the vast right wing conspiracy Sukerkin...at least the American version.

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That sounds like a Liberal platform to me, Bill. Without meaning to sound like I am trying to start a dispute, for I am not, if the American Right really stood for those things then I reckon you'd see a good deal less disagreement with you when you put up your infamously link-laden political posts.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I can't explain it either Sukerkin. Those are all things that I believe in and the reason I became a conservative "right winger." The conservatives in America, leaving out the definitions from Europe, believe those things, other wise I wouldn't be one. The Declaration of Independence, the Bill of Rights, and the Constitution are some of the most important documents to conservatives in this country. I also believe in Legal immigration as opposed to Illegal immigration. The conservative movement hasn't done a good job in explaining who we are, but that is changing. I know you may not believe in liberal bias, but it does exist and it distorts the reality of the political parties over here. Look at the reporting that elder did on the skin head elected in the political section of the study. The guy was elected with three write in votes, himself and two others, for an uncontested seat, and it is being reported that this guy is a representative of republicanism. That is the kind of reporting that we get over here.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Keep in mind as well Sukerkin, the reporting on the skin head, that tries to turn him into a republican, doesn't point out the seat he ran for was uncontested and that people had to right in his name. It seems he wasn't even on the ballot. If he had been then he would have had to go through a primary process where his skin head ties would have come out and he would more than likely been rejected out of hand. Instead, he and two others wrote his name on the ballot, and he won. three votes and they are trying to tie him to the republicans.

Have you ever read the history of the republican party in this country Sukerkin. It would clear up much distortion about things. I know you don't like her, but I am just finishing up Ann Coulter's most recent book Demonic. I mention this as a starting point to clear up this republican thing. If you have a chance, and happen to be in a bookstore, pick up a copy,( you don't have to even buy it) and look up the chapter on Racism. Don't even take it for granted, just use it as a starting point to disprove what she says. She documents the republican party, and Barry Goldwater and the record of Richard Nixoon on race and debunks the "southern strategy," myth. Did you know Barry Goldwater founded the arizona chapter of the NAACP, or that he desegregated the Arizona national guard before Truman got around to desegregating the U.S. military, which he started but Eisenhower actually achieved. Just take a glance at that chapter. It might open things up about the republicans that you never hear about...

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sukerkin, take comfort in the fact that the "right," in America is not what is believed to be the right in Europe. Here, the right stands for limited government, the rights of the individual, a colorblind society, freedom of speech, the press and of religion, and the rule of law that is represented by the blindfolded lady justice. The myth of the "right" here in America is just that, a myth. If you like equality and freedom for all people regardless of race, creed or color, then you would be a member of the "right," here in the states. Welcome to the vast right wing conspiracy Sukerkin...at least the American version.

Unfortunately that is not the far right, which seems to hold sway over the party right now. They believe these things, but with caveats. Limited government, unless it is something like abortion rights, the poor voting, birth control, the military, or marriage. The rights of the individual, unless the individual is different than normal, like gays. A colorblind society, unless putting together a election strategy trading black votes for ultra right wing conservatives votes or in some cases removing people of color from voting rolls. Freedom of speech and press, unless you say things that the fringe right wing don't like even if true, then you are derided and called names (like slut), and if getting a government funding, you'll get that yanked (like NPR and Planned Parenthood). Then there is Lady Justice, which right now she is seeming to have problems with her scales balancing due to corporations buying our government, but that is okay for fringe right, because they are the "job creators."

Yes, there are issues with far left democrats as well, but do not pretend like the Republican party is standing up whole heartedly for those things you mention while the Democrats represent the opposite of those things. At the very least, that is not honest.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Where do you live WC lun. This is the kind of distortion I'm talking about Sukerkin. Voting for the poor. He means the desire to have people show an I.D. before they vote. Birth control, would be a debate on when abortions should be allowed, and wether is should be done by voting for laws or having unelected judges just make the decision for us. The black voting thing is completely false and the latest attempt by democrats to scare african americans to vote democrat. The republican party is the party of all those things I mentioned and it is why I said I don't know how the democrats keep getting away with the myth making that they do. Much of it is due to the media and the education system. Do you realize the democrats are against voter i.d. but not I.d. for union elections, so they can know who they have to intimidate to get their way. The black panthers stand outside a polling place in fatigue uniforms and swinging nightsticks around, and obama let's them go, and yet the republicans get smeared as the ones denying the vote. Read that Chapter in Demonic Sukerkin, look up those things mentioned and prove her, and me wrong.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Here is some about I.D and voting...

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Govern...d-ma-democrats-disenfranchise-their-delegates

In recent years, Democrats have argued that requiring voters to show photo IDs prior to voting is an egregious act of voter suppression. Ben Jealous, of the NAACP, has gone so far as to argue that such requirements are tantamount to modern-day Jim Crow laws. In the world they inhabit, lots of voters don't have access to photo IDs, so requiring voters to provide this will "disenfranchise" them and leave them out of the democratic process. Funny they don't feel that way for their own party conventions.

On Saturday, Massachusetts delegates will meet in their state's Democrat party convention. The votes of these delegates will determine whether there are primary elections for their party nominations. With so much at state, Democrats have decided to implement Voter ID requirements:
A PHOTO ID WILL BE REQUIRED TO ENTER THE MASSMUTUAL CENTER
Wait, what? Democrats tell us that photo ID requirements disenfranchise minority voters, who, inexplicably, have limited access to photo IDs. Yet, at their own convention, they insist that all delegates provide a photo ID to even have access to the convention floor. When their own party is at state, it seems their priorities are somewhat different that their rhetoric suggests.
If the Democrats actually believe the rhetoric from people like Ben Jealous, then they have disenfranchised scores of potential delegates with this photo ID requirement. If, on the other hand, they instituted the photo ID requirement to ensure the integrity of the votes of the party delegates, they should repudiate the NAACP and work to ensure that their own rules carry through election day.
Voter ID is good for me, but not thee is not a winning campaign slogan.

So the distortions about the real history of democrats and republicans continues.

And the Slut comment...I believe Rush apologized...and yet the long list of hate toward Conservative women by main stream democrat pundits and politicians goes on and on. Remember Bill Maher called Sarah Palin the "C" word, and the "T" word and the still haven't given back his 1 million dollar donation.

Ann Coulter specifically addresses the so called Southern Strategy in her book Demonic. I bring this up because I read that chapter today as I try to finish her book. The democrat party has long been the party of racism and the republican party the party against racism. Look at the history and how the magic trick was pulled in the sixties, where the democrats fooled everyone and rewrote history.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
This is an article that talks about why republicans support voter I.D. laws and the democrats do not...it has nothing to do with race and everything to do with cheating at the ballot box...

http://pjmedia.com/jchristianadams/...lorida-to-keep-foreigners-on-the-voter-rolls/

Yesterday, Eric Holder’s Voting Section ordered Florida to stop purging foreigners from the voter rolls. Two weeks ago, Florida found 53,000 dead voters registered to vote. Florida has also found non-citizens on the voter rolls and Secretary of State Ken Detzner has started the process of removing them.
Not so fast, says Eric Holder’s DOJ.
In a letter to Detzner, the DOJ says to stop removing foreigners from the rolls. The Voting Section makes a dubious argument under Section 8 of the National Voter Registration Act, a law the Obama administration hasrefused to enforce because of ideological opposition. The letter notes that Elise Shore is the attorney behind the letter.

Eric holder is a democrat. They want to cheat and voter i.d. gets in the way.

This is the original article on dead people on the voter rolls in florida, which is how the democrats claim that the poor are being denied the right to vote...

http://pjmedia.com/jchristianadams/2012/05/16/53000-dead-voters-found-in-florida/

I have learned that Florida election officials are set to announce that the secretary of state has discovered and purged up to 53,000 dead voters from the voter rolls in Florida.
How could 53,000 dead voters have sat on the polls for so long? Simple. Because Florida hadn’t been using the best available data revealing which voters have died. Florida is now using the nationwide Social Security Death Index for determining which voters should be purged because they have died.
Here is the bad news. Most states aren’t using the same database that Florida is. In fact, I have heard reports that some election officials won’t even remove voters even when they are presented with a death certificate. That means that voter rolls across the nation still are filled with dead voters, even if Florida is leading the way in detecting and removing them.
ADVERTISEMENT

But surely people aren’t voting in the names of dead voters, the voter fraud deniers argue. Wrong.

KeatonConsider the case of Lafayette Keaton. Keaton not only voted for a dead person in Oregon, he voted for his dead son. Making Keaton’s fraud easier was Oregon’s vote by mail scheme, which has opened up gaping holes in the integrity of elections. The incident in Oregon just scratches the surface of the problem. Massachusetts and Mississippi are but two other examples of the dead rising on election day.
Florida should be applauded for taking the problem seriously, even if Eric Holder’s Justice Department and many state election officials don’t.

Keep in mind that the Democrat attorney general is trying to keep dead people on the voter rolls in florida, not the republicans. Dead people are the way the democrats achieve voter fraud and they aim to keep doing it.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Here is an article on how National Public Radio continues to spread the lies about voter I.D. laws and why so many americans support them...

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journa...se-Claim-About-Black-Voters-and-Voter-ID-Laws

Fessler does not cite numerous opinion polls showing that black Americans, like other Americans, favor voter ID laws to protect the integrity of the ballot. She ignores the fact that black and Hispanic turnout has increased since voter ID laws were passed--even when controlling for Barack Obama’s historic 2008 candidacy. She does not even try to capture the views of ordinary voters in the black community on either side of the issue.
Instead, Fessler quotes black leaders, not voters--including (above) Rep. Emanuel Cleaver (D-MO) of “Tea Party N-word” infamy. These leaders are no more concerned about voting rights than is Attorney General Eric Holder, whose primary concern is shoring up turnout for Obama’s re-election campaign. That is because voting rights are not threatened in the least by voter ID laws. Fraud, not voter ID, is the only danger.
If, as Fessler and Obama’s machine are to be believed, the lack of ID documents is a serious problem in the black community, then the administration ought to launch an urgent campaign to provide those documents. After all, it is almost impossible to carry out any form of economic activity--whether applying for a job or collecting government benefits--without proper ID. There is no possible reason for inaction (except racism?).
But there is no such campaign, because there is no such problem--certainly not on the scale that Holder, the Democrats, and NPR suggest. The only problem--for Democrats--is that Obama’s core support is depressed, for reasons that have nothing to do with voter ID. As with the Trayvon Martin case, the Obama machine is fomenting outrage while sullying America’s civil rights history. And taxpayer-funded NPR is playing along.

An article on Why Americans actually do support voter I.D. laws...and it doesn't have anything to do with denying blacks and the poor the right to vote...

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2011/12/27/why_americans_support_voter_id_laws_112546.html

The state chairman of Indiana's Democratic Party resigned recently as a probe of election fraud in the 2008 Democratic presidential primary widened.
State law requires a presidential candidate to gather 500 valid signatures in each county to qualify for the ballot. Barack Obama may not have met it. Investigators think 150 of the 534 signatures the Obama campaign turned in for St. Joseph County may have been forged.

Yet Democrats say that measures to guard against vote fraud are racist Republican plots to disenfranchise minority voters.
Republicans "want to literally drag us back to Jim Crow laws," said Rep. Debbie Wasserman-Schultz, D-Fla, chair of the Democratic National Committee.
The NAACP has asked the United Nations to intervene to block state voter ID laws. It may have an ulterior motive for opposing ballot security measures. An NAACP official was convicted on 10 counts of absentee voter fraud in Tunica County, Miss., in July.
Former Democratic Rep. Artur Davis, who is black, said vote fraud is rampant in African-American districts like his in Alabama.
"The most aggressive contemporary voter suppression in the African-American community is the wholesale manufacture of ballots at the polls and absentee, in parts of the Black Belt," Mr. Davis said. "Voting the names of the dead, and the nonexistent, and the too mentally impaired to function cancels out the votes of citizens who are exercising their rights."

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Also from the article...

You need a photo ID to get on an airplane or an Amtrak train; to open a bank account, withdraw money from it, or cash a check; to pick up movie and concert tickets; to go into a federal building; to buy alcohol and to apply for food stamps.
Most Americans don't think it's a hardship to ask voters to produce one. A Rasmussen poll in June indicated 75 percent of respondents support photo ID requirements. Huge majorities of Hispanics support voter ID laws, according to a Resurgent Republic poll in September.
This year there have been investigations, indictments or convictions for vote fraud in California, Texas, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Georgia, North Carolina and Maryland. In all but one case, the alleged fraudsters were Democrats.
In none would the fraud alleged have altered a major election, Democrats note. But in the Illinois gubernatorial election in 1982, 100,000 votes cast in Chicago -- 10 percent of the total -- were fraudulent, the U.S. attorney there estimated.
Fraud of the magnitude which swings elections typically combines absentee ballot fraud and voter registration fraud. At least 55 employees or associates of the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now have been convicted of registration fraud in 11 states, says Matthew Vadum of the Capital Research Center, who's written a book about ACORN.
Of 1.3 million new registrations ACORN turned in in 2008, election officials rejected 400,000.

The democrats are using, again, racism and denying poor people the right to vote to protect their ability to cheat in elections. That is the real truth of the situation. Why else would Attorney General Eric Holder, democrat, force Florida to keep 53,ooo dead people on their voter rolls. If these assertions are true, and you can check them for yourself, especially you Sukerkin, then what else of what WC lun said is false or inaccurate?

And here is Thomas Sowell addressing Eric Holder (democrat) and his attempt to manipulate the african american vote through false charges of racism...

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2012/06/01/holders_chutzpah_114340.html

Attorney General Eric Holder recently told a group of black clergymen that the right to vote was being threatened by people who are seeking to block access to the ballot box by blacks and other minorities.
This is truly world-class chutzpah, by an Attorney General who stopped attorneys in his own Department of Justice from completing the prosecution of black thugs who stationed themselves outside a Philadelphia voting site to harass and intimidate white voters.

Sowell brings up the video where a film maker went to Holders own home district...and told them that he was eric holder and could have voted for the attorney general since no I.D. was required...

Since millions of black Americans -- like millions of white Americans -- are confronted with demands for photo identification at airports, banks and innumerable other institutions, it is a little much to claim that requiring the same thing to vote is denying the right to vote. But Holder's chutzpah is up to the task.
Attorney General Holder claims that the states' requirement of photo identification for voting, in order to prevent voter fraud, is just a pretext for discriminating against blacks and other minorities. He apparently sees no voter fraud, hears no voter fraud and speaks no voter fraud.
Despite Holder's claim, a little experiment in his own home voting district showed how easy it is to commit voter fraud. An actor -- a white actor, at that -- went to a voting place where Eric Holder is registered to vote, and told them that he was Eric Holder.
The actor had no identification at all with him, either with or without a photo. He told the voting official that he had forgotten and left his identification in his car. Instead of telling him to go back to the car and get some identification, the official said that that was all right, and offered him the ballot.

And from the Wall Street Journal on Eric Holder (democrat ) using false allegations of racism to scare african americans...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100...7438421678904222.html?mod=WSJ_Opinion_LEADTop

The United States of America has a black President whose chief law enforcement officer, Attorney General Eric Holder, is also black. They have a lot of political power. So how are they using it? Well, one way is to assert to black audiences that voter ID laws are really attempts to disenfranchise black Americans. And liberals think Donald Trump's birther fantasies are offensive?

That's right. The two most powerful men in America are black, two of the last three Secretaries of State were black, numerous corporate CEOs and other executives are black, and minorities of many races now win state-wide elections in states that belonged to the Confederacy, but the AG implies that Jim Crow is on the cusp of a comeback.
It's demeaning to have to dignify this argument with facts, but here goes. Voter ID laws have been found by the courts not to be an undue burden under the Voting Rights Act and the Constitution. The landmark Supreme Court opinion, upholding an Indiana law in 2008, was written for a six-member majority by that noted right-winger, John Paul Stevens.

Black voter turnout increased in Georgia and Indiana after voter ID laws passed. Georgia began implementing its law requiring one of six forms of voter ID in 2007. According to data from Georgia Secretary of State Brian Kemp, the black vote increased by 42%, or 366,000 votes, in 2008 over 2004. The Latino vote grew by 140% or 25,000 votes in 2008, while the white vote increased by only 8% from four years earlier.
No doubt Mr. Obama's presence on the ballot helped drive that turnout surge in 2008, but then the black vote in Georgia also increased by 44.2% during the midterm Congressional races of 2010 from 2006. The Hispanic vote grew by 66.5% in 2010 from four years earlier. Those vote totals certainly don't suggest that requiring an ID is a barrier to the ballot box.

Last edited:
OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Keep in mind also WC lun that African Americans, and Latino Americans are in majority opposition to gay marriage and the other gay related issues and the last time I looked the African American community are more than a majority democrats and voted close to 95% for Obama and are the ones who helped defeat the gay marriage proposal in both California and North Carolina. So please, the myth of the oppressor Republicans is just that, a myth perpetuated by democrats in the main stream media and academia to further their political agenda and to support the politicians they agree with. So Sukerkin, please look past the myth of conservatives and republicans and see that the reality is far different.

This is a story from the main stream media on African Americans being against gay marriage...

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politic...ose-african-american-votes-over-gay-marriage/

And then there is prop. 8...

Exit polls showed that a narrow majority of white voters voted against Proposition 8 (a vote in support of the legalization of gay marriage) – 51 percent voted against, while 49 percent voted to ban same-sex marriage in California. A majority of African-American and Latino voters supported Prop 8, however. Seventy percent of African-American voters voted for the measure, along with 53 percent of Latino voters.

Since the majority of African Americans and Latinos are democrats...isn't the ban on Gay marriage a Democrat problem...or it would be if it was reported fairly and accurately instead of as an attempt to smear the republicans as the sole reason gays can't marry...

African Americans oppose gay marriage 55 percent to 41 percent, while all poll respondents support it 52 percent to 43 percent, according to an ABC News poll taken in March. While 94 percent of black voters in California supported Obama in 2008, 70 percent also supported the Proposition 8 ban on gay marriage, according to exit polls.
Nationwide, 95 percent of African American voters supported Obama, according to exit polls, comprising 13 percent of the national electorate.

I repeat for the sake of clarity and to dispel some myths...

While 94 percent of black voters in California supported Obama in 2008, 70 percent also supported the Proposition 8 ban on gay marriage, according to exit polls.
So, tell me again WC lun how it is the republicans problem that gay marriage isn't passing anywhere in 30 states...

As to NPr and planned parenthood, there funding is just a small portion of the federal government spending that conservatives would like to see cut to put the country back on some sort of fiscal responsibility. NPR is unnecessary, it can just sell commercial time to make up for the small amount it gets from the government, and planned parenthood has again been caught advocating illegal activity. It is long past time they lost their funding. That is what a color blind, blindfolded lady justice would do anyway...

Last edited:

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You have to understand that I do always try to be inquisitive and investigative about matters, Bill. I very seldom leap to a conclusion and just stand on it from that point forwards.

Just because most of the time when we interact it is because I am disagreeing with something you posted does not mean that I have an automatic Anti-Republican reaction. There are some things that are seen to be 'Republican' in their political colour that I agree with; there are other things that I do not. As John (Twin Fist) and Don will tell you, I hope {:lol:}, I can be persuaded of the rightness of something if the evidence is good and the argument compelling.

But the thing that I do always react badly to is fanaticism; even if it is about something that I judge to be positive or beneficial and from a trustworthy source I will become suspicious and averse to discussing it. That, of course, me being human and not Vulcan, does not mean that I do not have issues and topics upon which I may be viewed to be somewhat fanatical myself - the trick, for me, is recognising what those areas are and either keeping quiet about them altogether or reining in my 'enthusiasm' if I do speak about them :eek:.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah, I posted that long bit because it specifically dealt with issues WC Lun brought up. Other wise, have a nice weekend. I hope you Iaido is going well.

Latest Discussions