Ishizuka Sensei

Vonbek

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Misses and Misters,

First of all I'd like to apologize for bringing what is certainly a political question in here.

In a report of japan training from a french person, I can read some kind of underlying non-argumented dissing of Ishizuka Sensei.

The question I ask: is Ishizuka sensei badly perceived in Japan, and most of all: why?

If I ask this question here it's beacause Ishizuka Sensei is the teacher of my teacher (and my teacher is on holy days far away). And in France political affairs are so overwhelming that i can't be sure of having an good (true) answer.

Thank you.

Doc_Jude

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
You'd probably get a more informed response over on Kutaki.org

Nothing against the folks here, but anyways...

OP
V

Vonbek

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Posting on kutaki was my first choice, but the overtouchyness of some (nothing personnal) and the political nature of my question prevented me to do so.

benkyoka

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
The Bujinkan politics are alive and well in Japan! It is quite natural for people not to get along all the time, the same holds true for relations between the higher-ups in any organization, including the Bujinkan.

Did this French person do any training with Ishizuka sensei, or is he just repeating what he picked up somewhere? Everyone is entitled to their opinions or the opinions they wish to inherit from people they want to be closer to...

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Misses and Misters,

First of all I'd like to apologize for bringing what is certainly a political question in here.

In a report of japan training from a french person, I can read some kind of underlying non-argumented dissing of Ishizuka Sensei.

The question I ask: is Ishizuka sensei badly perceived in Japan, and most of all: why?

If I ask this question here it's beacause Ishizuka Sensei is the teacher of my teacher (and my teacher is on holy days far away). And in France political affairs are so overwhelming that i can't be sure of having an good (true) answer.

Thank you.

I think you should probably wait for your teacher to come home and then you can discuss it with him.
icon6.gif

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think you should probably wait for your teacher to come home and then you can discuss it with him.
icon6.gif

Agree 100% with Brian! Plus, who really knows the validity of information you get over the internet, sure I would trust plenty of people here at MT, but your own Instructor would be the surest and best bet.

OP
V

Vonbek

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
@ Nimravus, my teacher isn't the a famous student of Ishizuka Sensei. This student introduced him, but nothing else.

@ Bydand, the weather is so ugly in my beautifull country, so full of cheese and children quarells that I prefer get the info and make a long work of reflexion. Now for me, it's a kind of second nature.

OP
V

Vonbek

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Right, my heart and my brain (and a little bit of google) told me that the case of Ishizuka Sensei is something recurring in the Bujinkan. So I decided to stop searching and trust the word of many. It's a good teacher and Basta.

Accept my apologies for the noise.

Sincerely

benkyoka

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Right, my heart and my brain (and a little bit of google) told me that the case of Ishizuka Sensei is something recurring in the Bujinkan. So I decided to stop searching and trust the word of many. It's a good teacher and Basta.

Accept my apologies for the noise.

Sincerely

Not quite following you. Are you saying that you are making a decision or deciding your viewpoint based on what you have been reading on the internet? You say you are going to trust the word of many, but what if it's mostly a few people saying things many, many times.

OP
V

Vonbek

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I tried to say that my teacher and many people i've met are telling that Ishizuka Sensei is a great teacher, and it's enough for me.
What's bugging me is the fact that its very difficult to trust someone in France.

stephen

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Not whom I'm referring to.

The one I had in mind is the one person in the world who makes a living out of practicing - not teaching - Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu.

Who is the one person in the world who makes a living out of practicing - not teaching - Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu?

OP
V

Vonbek

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
That sounds very odd to me :confused:

And it's even more odd for me. The Bujinkan in France is torn between factions who want the power over maybe 800 people. It's ridiculous, but also a shame for so called "Men of example". Oops I think I stepped on a landmine :uhyeah:.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds to me like the ongoing situations in Germany and Italy...
Woops ; another landmine...
Ain't the politics surrounding martial arts fun...

Why can't everyone just TRAIN?

Latest Discussions