Is Toad style still in existence?

Nitedragon89

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hello, I was wondering if there still is a toad style in the world? I know there was a toad style long ago in china.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I have never heard of it as a legitimate CMA style new or old.

How do you know there was a toad style long ago in china? What is your source?

And please tell me you didn't get this from the Five Deadly Venoms, if so it’s a movie.

OP
Nitedragon89

Nitedragon89

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I have heard of their being forms of toad stlye from long ago, was trying to figure if their is in actual style, don't get me wrong did not take it from 5 deadly venoms, even tho I have seen the movie and it is a great classic.

OP
Nitedragon89

Nitedragon89

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Haha yes that too but I don't know if that was just fake or an actual style if anyone has any information on this style id like to know if it still in use or a dead style.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I have heard of their being forms of toad stlye from long ago, was trying to figure if their is in actual style, don't get me wrong did not take it from 5 deadly venoms, even tho I have seen the movie and it is a great classic.

All I can say is I have never heard of it in TCMA.

I did read somewhere about a there being possible contemporary Wushu form called toad form but even there I am not sure.

OP
Nitedragon89

Nitedragon89

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Well thank you for your input on this Xue, also was wondering what style of CMA do you practice?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I just returned to Chen after a very long break due to lack of a sifu.

Chen Laojia Yilu then many years of traditional Yang style and then back to Chen

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I do remember seeing a youtube video on toad style cma, but I am not sure whether it was serious or meant in jest. It looked a little silly to me, but I'm not the target audience.

Formosa Neijia

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hello, I was wondering if there still is a toad style in the world? I know there was a toad style long ago in china.

More BS. What are you, 12 years old?

Why don't you stop getting your info from stupid video games and movies and get your butt on the training floor?

JustAVisitor

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I remember reading about a toad style and a bat style in this novel: "The Wandering Taoist" by Deng Ming-Dao. Is it based on real knowledge? I have no idea.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Please stick to discussing the topic and refrain from personal insults. Personal insults violate board posting rules.

I've never heard of toad style kung fu. I think alot of things like that are meant as jokes off the other animal styles. "Is toad style still in existence?" I'm thinkin was it ever in existence.

Latest Discussions