What CMA do you Practice?

Nitedragon89

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hello, I am still kinda new to the forums and I wanted to get to know everyone, so if you please can write down what style you practice and your lineage?

JadecloudAlchemist

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I practice Bagua(Pakua) and Hsing i(Xingyi). My linerage comes from Wang Shu Jin. My teacher also studied other styles such as Chen tai chi from Chen Xiaowang(I think he trained with others in Chen village)

I also studied Qigong from students of Yang Jwing Ming,Maoshing Ni,Mantak Chia and many others.

OP
Nitedragon89

Nitedragon89

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Thank you for helping me get this started I practice 7 Star Mantis under Sifu Cheng who was taught by current Sigung Lee Kam Wing.

masherdong

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I do Taiji Plum Flower Mantis, Chen Taiji, and 10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu.

Lineage for our Plum Flower Mantis and Taiji comes from Li Enjiu. My Laoshi, Arthur D'Agostino also trained with GM Chan Poi in Wah Lum as well. I think that Laoshi is training more with Li Enjiu now.

10th Planet Jiu Jitsu, we just started training with Brandon Quick, who is one of Eddie Bravo's Brown Belts.

Ninebird8

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I have trained for 31 years under:

Leung Shum Ying Jow Pai Northern Eagle claw, whose teacher was Ng Wei whose teacher was Lau Fat Mon whose teacher was Chan Tzi Cheng. Ng wei was Master Lau's godson and Leung Shum is Ng Wei's godson.

Grandmaster Ricky Anderson, 36th generation Wudan monk out of Hong Kong and US, who trained from age 3-15 in Hong Kong under Abbot Wang Fui Yen. I have learned a family style of Abbot Yen's called Pa Kuen or Nine Birds Wudan Shaolin.

Sigung Jeff Bolt, senior student of Dr. Yang Jwing Ming. Have learned Southern white crane, Northern Long Fist, and Yang Style tai chi under my sifu here in Houston.

In other words, I study the birds and how they poop or swoop!!! LOL!! Welcome, as I am a newbie myself. I competed or 18 years and now love to judge at CMA tournaments and get to meet masters who I am still in AWE of today!!

Ninebird8

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Bowser 666, I am from Dallas and have been to your Sigung's school years ago when I trained with my Shaolin master. Sifu Azzolini was very nice and his school, I believe in Carrolton at the time, was very nice. I met your teacher before at some tournaments but I doubt he remembers me as that was awhile back. Glad to see he is continuing his teacher's skills. With respect and honor to your Grandmaster.

Ninebird8

Blue Belt
Reaction score
One other question Bowser...your teacher says he trained with Dr. Yang Jwing Ming for awhile in I guess chin na and Yang tai chi, seminars or formal study? I ask because one of my sifu, Sigung Jeff Bolt, is the senior student of Dr. Yang Jwing Ming and currently resides here in Houston. Would be interested in what he learned from Dr. Yang. Thanks.

Codeboy

White Belt
Reaction score
I've done Seven Star Praying Mantis for about 2 1/2 years now with Sifu Chung in Michigan. I'm quite a "noob" compared to a lot of people at the school =)

7starmarc

Green Belt
Reaction score
Seven Star Praying Mantis, Sifu John Cheng (Irvine school)

Codeboy, is that Sifu Henry Chung in Michigan?

bowser666

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
One other question Bowser...your teacher says he trained with Dr. Yang Jwing Ming for awhile in I guess chin na and Yang tai chi, seminars or formal study? I ask because one of my sifu, Sigung Jeff Bolt, is the senior student of Dr. Yang Jwing Ming and currently resides here in Houston. Would be interested in what he learned from Dr. Yang. Thanks.

From what I have been told , he regularly flies to Boston to train with him. Not sure how often , but I believe he teaches him Yang Family Tai Chi , Chin Na, and I am sure they train and talk shop in Northern Longfist. My Sifu also trains with Master Azzolini ( Who is moving back to Dallas , and I got to meet him one day while I was training there) and a Master Awad as well. As to who else Sifu trains under I have no idea. It is definitely amazing how much knowledge my Sifu has and he is only 31 years old! I would also recommend reading their book on Northern Longfist that they wrote together. Does Sigung Bolt ever make his way up to Dallas ? If he does our school would be honored to have him as a visitor.

ChukaSifu2

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I've been in Chuka Southern Praying Mantis Kung Fu under Sigung Sammy Wong for 24 years. I've been teaching under Wong for 13 years.

Latest Discussions