Is this just creepy or what?

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think that hit the nail on the head...it's the "shudders" ...sexual behavior of a tot that's just plain sick.

No other child activity I can think of has that particular component. The only one that I admit may even come close is cheer leading, but it's nowhere near the extent of these pagents and the kids involved aren't toddlers.

And its so demeaning to women. Its basically raising a child, from before they could walk, to embrace that the most important thing they can do is to be sexually appealing above all else.

LoneRider

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I wish I could say it was a doll. Its a child. Modeling since age 1.

YOW! What happened to the notion that little kids are just inherently cute the way they are in a non-glamourized and definitely non-sexualized fashion? Christ the King things are really outta whack.

Heck I swore that image was a doll until you confirmed it was a child model. Crimeny.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
YOW! What happened to the notion that little kids are just inherently cute the way they are in a non-glamourized and definitely non-sexualized fashion? Christ the King things are really outta whack.

Heck I swore that image was a doll until you confirmed it was a child model. Crimeny.

I thought it was a doll too! I actually went rummaging around a friend's blog because she once posted a story about a pre-teen model that would apply to the discussion here. I saw that picture, and was going to comment on her page asking her if the doll was some kind of statement (ie: even dolls of children are over-painted and over-sexed).

Then I googled her caption to the pictur and freaked out when I saw that was a real girl.

She is Regan Licciardello, now 9, and appearing on the TV series Prison Break (where at least she looks like a 9 year old and not a made up freak).

LoneRider

Purple Belt
Reaction score
She is Regan Licciardello, now 9, and appearing on the TV series Prison Break (where at least she looks like a 9 year old and not a made up freak).

That's reassuring, mildly so.

I wonder what moron thought it mandatory that little girls even know what makeup is at such young ages? Or get so dolled up that they look inhuman and not beautiful.

OP
celtic_crippler

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
I thought it was a doll too! I actually went rummaging around a friend's blog because she once posted a story about a pre-teen model that would apply to the discussion here. I saw that picture, and was going to comment on her page asking her if the doll was some kind of statement (ie: even dolls of children are over-painted and over-sexed).

Then I googled her caption to the pictur and freaked out when I saw that was a real girl.

...so now she's a child actor too...just piling on the issues aren't we? I'd hate to see her therapy bill in 10 - 15 years.

And its so demeaning to women. Its basically raising a child, from before they could walk, to embrace that the most important thing they can do is to be sexually appealing above all else.

That makes the issuance of gender roles pale in comparison don't it? I would be extremely surprised to see her mature into a well-adjusted adult.

Stac3y

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I think kids are cutest when they have grass stains on their clothes and ice cream in their hair, or are head to toe mud with frogs in their pockets, or are wearing sparring gear. NOT when they're painted like hookers and wearing uncomfortable clothes that are inappropriate for their age. The picture of that young girl model is extremely disturbing, IMO, and NOT cute. AT ALL. Bleah.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This is the girl's mother:

Regan has wonderful, perfectly white and straight teeth, but if she hadn't, maybe I'd think differently.

Umm...some outlets are saying Regan had braces at AGE 2??? Yah, no wonder she has perfectly white, straight teeth.

The quote continues...

Since the well-known child star Dakota Fanning and Regan share the same agent, I'm very aware of what's going on with Dakota. I know that she recently stirred up a whole lot of controversy by starring in an adult-themed film entitled Hounddog. I haven't seen it yet, but I've read that the film called for Dakota to act out a rape scene and appear in nothing else but her underwear. It would be so easy for me to say that I'd never let Regan do something like that. It's clear to me that I wouldn't want to see her in any movie that glamorizes the consumption of drugs, alcohol or random sex. But I also have to say that I'd analyze every opportunity case by case because I'd rather see a wonderful actress, like Dakota, playing a controversial character in a very convincing way than anyone else doing a very poor job.
If Regan were offered a role like that, I would have to see the script first, the way the scene is played, how much nudity is involved and, of course, who is directing it and the kind of film we are talking about. Only then would I be able to make a decision. It would take a lot of thought and discussion with my husband before we could make up our minds."

http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474977360548

I'm sorry, this makes me puke. They would CONSIDER a rape scene for their 9 YEAR OLD????

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm sorry, this makes me puke. They would CONSIDER a rape scene for their 9 YEAR OLD????

But hey... only if the director, script, and nudity level are right... I mean, it's not like it's a blanket okay or anything... :barf:

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think kids are cutest when they have grass stains on their clothes and ice cream in their hair, or are head to toe mud with frogs in their pockets, or are wearing sparring gear. NOT when they're painted like hookers and wearing uncomfortable clothes that are inappropriate for their age. The picture of that young girl model is extremely disturbing, IMO, and NOT cute. AT ALL. Bleah.

100% agree. My girls are like that, and imo, if a kids knees and legs at age 4 are not scraped and / or bruised near continuously, something is wrong imo.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
100% agree. My girls are like that, and imo, if a kids knees and legs at age 4 are not scraped and / or bruised near continuously, something is wrong imo.

lol! You just brought back a good memory for me.

Off topic, sorry:
When my son was very young (and at age 15 things haven't changed a bit) I took him for his regular check up. His legs were so bruised up but I was used to it. The pediatrician asked a little suspiciously where all the bruises came from. Really, they're just from playing! My daughter wasn't much better! My kids played hard and had fun. They didn't notice their bruises most of the time, and when they did they were sometimes proud! lol "look at that one!" hee hee

Ok, back on topic.
You guys are right, kids looking like kids, playing and having fun, in the dirt, water balloons, popsicles melting down their chins and onto their shirts, a skinned knee from a running or bicycle fall, (a little bactine and a spiderman bandaid does wonders ;) ) those are cute kids! Plop em in the tub and scrub em up good before bedtime, then watch them sleep deeply, without a worry of needing to impress or *be cute* for anyone.

Stac3y

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
lol! You just brought back a good memory for me.

Off topic, sorry:
When my son was very young (and at age 15 things haven't changed a bit) I took him for his regular check up. His legs were so bruised up but I was used to it. The pediatrician asked a little suspiciously where all the bruises came from. Really, they're just from playing! My daughter wasn't much better! My kids played hard and had fun. They didn't notice their bruises most of the time, and when they did they were sometimes proud! lol "look at that one!" hee hee

Ok, back on topic.
You guys are right, kids looking like kids, playing and having fun, in the dirt, water balloons, popsicles melting down their chins and onto their shirts, a skinned knee from a running or bicycle fall, (a little bactine and a spiderman bandaid does wonders ;) ) those are cute kids! Plop em in the tub and scrub em up good before bedtime, then watch them sleep deeply, without a worry of needing to impress or *be cute* for anyone.

Yep. They're much cuter when they aren't trying to be. My guys' legs are always covered with bruises, too--surprisingly, the pediatrician has never asked about them. Damn, I love my babies SO much, even now that they've got big feet and smell kinda funky. <sniffle>

LoneRider

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Yep. They're much cuter when they aren't trying to be. My guys' legs are always covered with bruises, too--surprisingly, the pediatrician has never asked about them. Damn, I love my babies SO much, even now that they've got big feet and smell kinda funky. <sniffle>

Off Topic: I gather your kids are Karatekas as well?

On topic: Yeah, I actually have heard of a dieting eleven year old girl. She wasn't obese or nothing. But whoa. Dieting at eleven? What have we come to.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
On topic: Yeah, I actually have heard of a dieting eleven year old girl. She wasn't obese or nothing. But whoa. Dieting at eleven? What have we come to.

Unfortunately....this is what we have come to. (This is the story that I was looking for earlier)

This is 12 year old (at the time) Maddison Gabriel.

attachment.php

She's a cute Aussie girl.........entering the world of adult modeling. Womens clothes on runways and catwalks. It's OK though, her agent says he'll protect her.

THE head of a modeling agency responsible for a 12-year-old girl who won a Gold Coast fashion event says she will ensure the girl is not exploited.
The Gold Coast agency's head Simone Hyde said Maddison was not being exploited during fashion week and she would ensure she was not exploited in the future.

"She is not and won't be modeling bikinis or lingerie,'' Ms Hyde said.
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22422680-2,00.html

0,,5657004,00.jpg

Come again?

The Gold Coast agency's head Simone Hyde said Maddison was not being exploited during fashion week and she would ensure she was not exploited in the future.

attachment.php

There's no more 12 year old left in there, eh?

Didn't think so.

girlbug2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I am so reassured! The twelve year old pianted up and being paraded in sexy clothes in front of adults won't be exploited. That's a relief.

Stac3y

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Off Topic: I gather your kids are Karatekas as well?
quote]

Yep. You should see it when my non-karateka husband makes the mistake of trying to playfight with them. :ultracool

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am so reassured! The twelve year old pianted up and being paraded in sexy clothes in front of adults won't be exploited. That's a relief.

Unfortunately one of the images didn't attach.

Lemme retry that.

Left:

Maddison before she started modeling as an adult.

Right:

Attachments

• $maddison1.jpg
    $maddison1.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 990
  • $maddison2.jpg
    $maddison2.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 127

girlbug2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I'd like to know the name of the sleep aid Ms. Hyde takes now that she's taken to her new profession pimping out children. It would have to be powerful stuff.

LoneRider

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I'll second you on that one, girlbug2, that seriously creeps me out. That means the poor girl is gonna be one serious mental and emotional mess in her later years, that or become a serious snob because of her beauty and the status it brings.

kaizasosei

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Like i always say; I know what a good person is, but a good father or mother-i must admit is a bit of a mystery.

It's creepy... so much for parents to look up to....:)

j