Is it possible

mcleod13

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Today at class my grandmaster was discussing some things with us adults and told us that a neck can be broken by simply using and inner knife hand. He said you don't have to bring your hand back to your ear and throw it forward to your target. He demonstrated by holding a fist out and simply rotating his hand and changing it into an inner knife hand.

I know I am not explaining it very well, but I am trying the best I can.

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Is it possible?? Well, with the human body, I would NEVER say that something is impossible. And I would believe that most things are possible. The problem is that every body is so drastically different. Some things will work great on some people and other things will have no effect. Just look at pressure points, it depends on pain tolerance, muscle and bone structure, movements, and a thousand other things as to whether a person even feels them. The same with breaking bones...I know someone who snapped a FEMUR bone while running....and others who have jumped 15 feet to the ground and walked away without a scratch.

The problem with that particular strike is that the neck will move. If the head moves too much, it will absorb the impact and has less of a chance of breaking.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd have to see what you're trying to describe. It's definitely possible to generate enough force without drawing your hand back, once you know the dynamics.

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
When I give exibitions one of my 'acts' is to hold a board in one hand a bring the other hand back about 12 inches and then speed break the board. I suspect I can even do two boards that way now as I work out alot with speed techniques. Plus I knew one man who could do two of them using just three fingers of the striking hand while the other hand held the boards!

So if one does great practice for many many a months, yes I can say it's possible. But you would have to spend years of practice to get this to work, and I won't say it would be so consistant it would work everytime.

Deaf

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Today at class my grandmaster was discussing some things with us adults and told us that a neck can be broken by simply using and inner knife hand. He said you don't have to bring your hand back to your ear and throw it forward to your target. He demonstrated by holding a fist out and simply rotating his hand and changing it into an inner knife hand.

I know I am not explaining it very well, but I am trying the best I can.
Sounds like an equivalent of Bruce Lee's one inch punch, using the snap of the inversion to generate the force. Does that sound accurate?

Daniel

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Anything is possible but the question is is it realistic in a confirtation?

Latest Discussions