Is ball of the foot roundhouse outdated with modern shoes?

OP
I

InfiniteLoop

Black Belt
Reaction score
And bending the knee does not increase mass and velocity...

There will only be an increased acceleration if the entire body part moves back and then forward.... Such as if you throw a haymaker punch and move the entire arm back and then forward.

But of course, you aren't supposed to do that since it telegraphs the motion.

The mass being increased by chambering is also rubbish. Mass is decreased since chambering halts the progressive travel time of the leg and then releases it again.

Last edited:

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
The mass being increased by chambering is also rubbish. Mass is decreased since chambering halts the progressive travel time of the leg and then releases it again.
Are you critiquing some actual statement "The mass being increased by chambering" Where is this stated?

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
And bending the knee does not increase mass and velocity...
Mass? No. Velocity? Knee movement will most certainly affect velocity.
There will only be an increased acceleration if the entire body part moves back and then forward.... Such as if you throw a haymaker punch and move the entire arm back and then forward.

But of course, you aren't supposed to do that since it telegraphs the motion.
Except when you are supposed to, of course.
Well, those are all words, certainly. I wonder if you know what they mean? Because what you've written is just so much gibberish.

OP
I

InfiniteLoop

Black Belt
Reaction score

Except when you are supposed to, of course.

Well, those are all words, certainly. I wonder if you know what they mean? Because what you've written is just so much gibberish.

Imagine throwing a boxing right hand all the way from your waist to a target. The arm will reach maximum acceleration until it hits a target. Why? Because it will never be stopped in its tracks until it hits.

Now if you do that but tuck the arm in the middle of the travel you have stopped the velocity of the tool travelling, and then restarted it when releasing it from its chamber. There's still acceleration from the arm but you cut off a major part of it, namely the hand that is going to land.

OP
I

InfiniteLoop

Black Belt
Reaction score

It doesn't matter if it does or not. A free leg is more effective mass... And mass is a bigger equation than speed (which is why HW hit harder but move slower).

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
It doesn't matter if it does or not. A free leg is more effective mass... And mass is a bigger equation than speed (which is why HW hit harder but move slower).
" And mass is a bigger equation than speed" Explain please. Bigger equation? Bigger factor?

OP
I

InfiniteLoop

Black Belt
Reaction score
" And mass is a bigger equation than speed" Explain please. Bigger equation? Bigger factor?

Yes, bigger factor. There are benefits to chambered roundhouse kicks and there are obviously lots of external variables that effect how hard you kick. I am talking now in terms of all else equal

OP
I

InfiniteLoop

Black Belt
Reaction score

One more thing. If I throw a rock the size of a penny to your head, it will damage you more than a heavier softy bench boll.

The reason for that is that the lighter but harder object penetrates you deeper, and this means you actually get more mass transfered to your skull from a lighter object, than the softy but heavier bench boll that simply tapped you on the outside.

OP
I

InfiniteLoop

Black Belt
Reaction score
So extra mass can be "converted" depending on penetration.

It's not just the measurements of the object and the speed it travels.

OP
I

InfiniteLoop

Black Belt
Reaction score
Speaking of power.. if I throw the exact same kick to the bag with sneakers on, would it be less or more powerful?.. It's harder surface now.. So the main question will be if I get the same or better penetration into the bag.

Slightly more default mass due to the weight of the shoes, although it might slow me down.

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yes, bigger factor. There are benefits to chambered roundhouse kicks and there are obviously lots of external variables that effect how hard you kick. I am talking now in terms of all else equal
"" And mass is a bigger equation than speed" Explain please. Bigger equation? Bigger factor?"

Well, call al the physics journals and tell them you have now corrected the error of the centuries and re written the equation for kinetic energy KE=1/2Mass X Velocity Squared. Someone needs to go to Isaac Newton's grave and turn him back over.

Let us know when your theory is accepted . Until then I will stay with "speed" (velocity) being a bigger (But of course not the sole) factor.

OP
I

InfiniteLoop

Black Belt
Reaction score
"" And mass is a bigger equation than speed" Explain please. Bigger equation? Bigger factor?"

Well, call al the physics journals and tell them you have now corrected the error of the centuries and re written the equation for kinetic energy KE=1/2Mass X Velocity Squared. Someone needs to go to Isaac Newton's grave and turn him back over.

Let us know when your theory is accepted . Until then I will stay with "speed" (velocity) being a bigger (But of course not the sole) factor.

I did not rewrite it. We can bring in a physicist here to shame you for thinking speed is more crucial than mass for power. Typical General Choi nonsense.

The speed a lightweight requires to hit like a heavyweight is stupendous.

A heavyweight on the other hand can lose more speed than he gains in mass and still hit much more powerful than a light weight.

A heavyweight who has both a lot of speed and mass equals Deontay Wilder.. One punch is all it takes then.

OP
I

InfiniteLoop

Black Belt
Reaction score
"
Earl Weiss said:
Are you critiquing some actual statement "The mass being increased by chambering" Where is this stated?"

Again, where is this in any way, shape or form tied to any increase in Mass?
It is stated in point 10 of his principles about the backward motion that he wants kicks to begin with, which I refuted and you now ignore.

OP
I

InfiniteLoop

Black Belt
Reaction score
Here it is again... I highlighted it in red since it's ********

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210930-022313.png
    Screenshot_20210930-022313.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 55

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Got it - I see your misunderstanding now. it would have to do with weight transfer from the support leg to the Kicking foot (as the weight is transferred to the support foot and them off that foot to the kicking foot) but since you say Isaac Newton is wrong (He is credited with the KE=1/2M x Velocity squared equation.) there isn't any point in debating further. I would also agree that as the gearheads used to say "There is no substitute for Cubic Inches" your analogy of comparing a lightweight to a heavyweight fails and if you don't see why I have no cure for your blindness.

OP
I

InfiniteLoop

Black Belt
Reaction score
Got it - I see your misunderstanding now. it would have to do with weight transfer from the support leg to the Kicking foot but since you say Isaac Newton is wrong (He is credited with the KE=1/2M x Velocity squared equation.) there isn't any point in debating further. I would also agree that as the gearheads used to say "There is no substitute for Cubic Inches" your analogy of comparing a lightweight to a heavyweight fails and if you don't see why I have no cure for your blindness.

The light weight vs heavy weight analogy was used by Choi and it’s wrong.. Light weights are blindingly fast yet nowhere near as powerful as even slow heavyweight.

OP
I

InfiniteLoop

Black Belt
Reaction score
Got it - I see your misunderstanding now. it would have to do with weight transfer from the support leg to the Kicking foot (as the weight is transferred to the support foot and them off that foot to the kicking foot) but since you say Isaac Newton is wrong (He is credited with the KE=1/2M x Velocity squared equation.) there isn't any point in debating further. I

What does weight from supporting foot to kicking foot have to do with his backward motion theory ?

Last edited:

Latest Discussions