Is aikido for me?

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have some martial arts friends, in fact my circle of friends is about martial arts and today one of them contacte me by facebook, he is a sandan in aikido, a doctor who is training aikido for about 20 years, I think he likes me because always invited me to practice aikido, in fact I went to his dojo on sundays for a short period of time but did not stay enough.

Now I think he sees something in me because everytime I saw him he always invited me to.... discover a very nice martial art in other words aikido.

Maybe because my korean formation (TKD) I don't feel confortable not trowing a single kick or hand tech on the mat ans ometimes I get bore about doing ukemis and ukemis but something I have to tell you is it really amazes me to se aikidokas doing his/her thing.

Don't know if I should go back to aikido classes because it's very dificult to me to empty my cup, I mean for almost 20+ years I been practicing TKD and the chip inside my mind is overloaded withj tkd.

Gosh!!! why is so dificult to learn aikido or blend with it?

Manny

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I have some martial arts friends, in fact my circle of friends is about martial arts and today one of them contacte me by facebook, he is a sandan in aikido, a doctor who is training aikido for about 20 years, I think he likes me because always invited me to practice aikido, in fact I went to his dojo on sundays for a short period of time but did not stay enough.

Now I think he sees something in me because everytime I saw him he always invited me to.... discover a very nice martial art in other words aikido.

Maybe because my korean formation (TKD) I don't feel confortable not trowing a single kick or hand tech on the mat ans ometimes I get bore about doing ukemis and ukemis but something I have to tell you is it really amazes me to se aikidokas doing his/her thing.

Don't know if I should go back to aikido classes because it's very dificult to me to empty my cup, I mean for almost 20+ years I been practicing TKD and the chip inside my mind is overloaded withj tkd.

Gosh!!! why is so dificult to learn aikido or blend with it?

Manny
Manny your background is similar to mine in that we both started out with hard systems that focused on punching and kicking. I went to Aikido to add 'soft' to my repertoire, something that I found lacking in my original training. What I found in Aikido was far more than the Aikido alone. I found a greater understanding of my original training, and you still get to hit and kick ;) , just in a different way.
:asian: