Introduction...

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome to MT, do a directory seach of anywhere in the 30 mile radius and go from there. I was stationed at Lejeune so I know that Charlotte as well as the surrounding area have some good quality schools.

Look for hapkido, tang soo do, Judo, Aikido, Jiu-Jitsu, that sort of thing. The most important thing to do is to go to a couple of classes and see how it goes before committing to the school you are looking at.

kuntawguro

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
c'mon in, sit down, take yer shoes off (no, maybe skip that part) and make yourself at home. Plenty of nice folk in here to help when needed.

Buzz

Brian King

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
MPD 455
Here is some info on a workshop coming up this weekend that you may be interested in attending. Mark is a good guy and has been doing martial arts in your area for many years and may have specific recommendations for you. Even if you cannot attend the workshop I encourage you to contact him for info in your area

PalmettoState Systema is offering a 3 hour workshop Saturday, April 14th, 11AM-2PMish. The location is in Fort Mill, SC a southern suburb of Charlotte, NC. The topic of the workshop will be striking and strike absorption. Cost is $10. Please contact me for more details: [email protected], 803-396-3950, cell 312-504-4182. Mark Jakabcsin Palemetto State Systema www.palmettostatesystema.com
Mark Jakabcsin [email protected]

Welcome to Martial Talk
Brian King

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk! You might want to try posting your question in the "Beginners Corner" as you will probably get a better response there. Also, browse the forums and read as much as you can. It will help you start to learn the different styles of Martial Arts. Hope you enjoy the board. :)

Latest Discussions