Internal Power of Martial Arts (Breathing Technique)

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Nobody would ever take advantage of an unsuspecting Martial public. Say it ain't so!

There is no system that is better than another.

It is the individual that makes it work.

Midnight-shadow

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Owls?

Not sure. They have something trippy in that department.

Owls just have very good hearing, to the point of being able to hear the sounds we can't. It is said that a barn owl can hear a mouse's heartbeat from 30 feet away. Whether that is true or not remains to be seen, but again owls can do this because their anatomy allows them to do it. I've never known an owl (or any land animal) to use bio-electrical perception, because they simply do not need it. The reason why marine animals use it instead of hearing is because sound travels so fast in water that you can't tell where the sound is coming from. Try it next time you go into a body of water. Put your head under and get someone to make a sound through the water. No matter how hard you try to pinpoint it, the sound will appear to be coming from every direction.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
can we stay on track here?

Good grief, whatever for? it's not as if 'using the bioelectrical in your body' to do 'magic', is a serious subject, unless of course you believe the OP?

Midnight-shadow

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Good grief, whatever for? it's not as if 'using the bioelectrical in your body' to do 'magic', is a serious subject, unless of course you believe the OP?

It's fun to theorise whether it could be possible though. Imagine if you could somehow transplant the relevant organs into your body to allow you to do it.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Military Self Defense US Army VS Indonesian Army (Getaran Technique)

Those attacks are slow, and the "defender" is starting his block before the attack forms. Looks to me like he knew what the attack would be before it started - that's just choreographed.

RTKDCMB

Senior Master
Reaction score
Those attacks are slow, and the "defender" is starting his block before the attack forms. Looks to me like he knew what the attack would be before it started - that's just choreographed.
And notice at 0:59 he touches the thing that was in the other guy's mouth to see exactly where it is before he cuts it?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's fun to theorise whether it could be possible though. Imagine if you could somehow transplant the relevant organs into your body to allow you to do it.

Of course lol but telling us to stay on topic is a bit silly on a thread like this isn't it.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
There is no system that is better than another.

It is the individual that makes it work.

I agree. But I have no idea how that applies to what I posted - which was tongue in cheek.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I agree. But I have no idea how that applies to what I posted - which was tongue in cheek.

So was mine.

But you cant take advantage of an unsuspecting martial public if all systems are as good as each other.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I guess if the OP believes in this, who is anybody to say otherwise I suppose. Well that what the Fairies told me anyway at the bottom of the garden.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Military Self Defense US Army VS Indonesian Army (Getaran Technique)

To me this is more impressive in terms of the blind navigating. It's that he's able to do what some of the other organisms that naturally use sound do. He also has more natural movement meaning nothing about his movement screams martial arts. Unfortunately he died from cancer
I guess what I'm really trying to say is that with things like this, less showmanship is actually more. People become cautious when Martial Arts gets flashy and mystical. Having these guys navigate a regular room, would be more impressive, because it's practical.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To me this is more impressive in terms of the blind navigating. It's that he's able to do what some of the other organisms that naturally use sound do. He also has more natural movement meaning nothing about his movement screams martial arts. Unfortunately he died from cancer
I guess what I'm really trying to say is that with things like this, less showmanship is actually more. People become cautious when Martial Arts gets flashy and mystical. Having these guys navigate a regular room, would be more impressive, because it's practical.

Wow, Ben is truely exceptional.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
its a demo. Those are off limits, if the folks in the video play for your team.

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
That made me think of Yogic flying:

Strange how no one ever gets to stage 2.

Because it is ********. They are 90 pound people jumping up and down on a mattress. That is not levitating or even flying.

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
its a demo. Those are off limits, if the folks in the video play for your team.
it wasn't a demo though, it was supposed to be a test of the claim "we can do all that with our eyes closed."

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Isn't that what a demo is? We can do all that with our eyes closed is not materially different to me than a demo of "we can do all of that against multiple attackers" or "we can do these things against people,with guns/knives/bazookas."

Midnight-shadow

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Wow, Ben is truely exceptional.

Echo-location, as I mentioned before in this thread, is something a lot of blind people are learning to do now-a-days. It really is incredible to watch a blind person doing this, although it is something that anyone can learn to use.

Latest Discussions