Silat Merpati Putih - The Royal Inheritance of Mataram Kingdom

Dong xiao hu

Orange Belt
Reaction score
i hope you can visit them and bring your own recording rigs, and make a test&trials as much as you need, then please share the video in here
Oh that's not my thing. I believe people don't stay in a martial arts school simply because it works in a fight. There is way more to martial arts than that. I have visited them way back when they first started teaching. I say if people are happy with what they do its not my place to attempt to make them unhappy with it. Plus the martial application of MP worked similar to other silat methods I've seen.

Sent from my Z797C using Tapatalk

OP
Mouzalina Mahfud

Mouzalina Mahfud

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Oh that's not my thing. I believe people don't stay in a martial arts school simply because it works in a fight. There is way more to martial arts than that. I have visited them way back when they first started teaching. I say if people are happy with what they do its not my place to attempt to make them unhappy with it. Plus the martial application of MP worked similar to other silat methods I've seen.

The problem is, there are a lot of skeptical people in USA. Many of them are prejudiced against Silat Merpati Putih, but they hide behind the Internet, they do not dare to come to the place to prove it by their self.
i thought you are one of them, are you ?

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, challenge posts are forbidden, and this treads pretty darn close. Youve made extraordinary claims which are inconsistent with generally accepted science. Not saying your claims are untrue or that a questionable explanation makes something impossible... but you need some serious support for the claims. Accusations that people hide behind the interebs dont help...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Dong xiao hu

Orange Belt
Reaction score
The problem is, there are a lot of skeptical people in USA. Many of them are prejudiced against Silat Merpati Putih, but they hide behind the Internet, they do not dare to come to the place to prove it by their self.
i thought you are one of them, are you ?
I'm not prejudice against MP. I have known some of the practitioners for years. One even joined our Capoeira group. The skepticism comes from claims of being able to do certain things in with the chaos of a fight. In the US there is an old saying "seeing is believing." Also the motto of the state that I am originally from is. "Show Me". So it as you can see skepticism is a part of the mind set here.

My Kung Fu teacher had an amazing ability in qigong but never believed or taught extraordinary use of qi in fighting.

OP
Mouzalina Mahfud

Mouzalina Mahfud

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
QiGong is the same as TenagaDalam in Silat, it's about breathwork, Karate also have breathwork system, in India it's called "Pranayama", we do use TenagaDalam for healing just like QiGong did

But in Silat MP, we have more than that, we train to sync both of our right and left brain, and put in a state of our Beta and Theta waves to activate our vibravision ability

this technique uses Bioelectricity in our body to absorbs the sub-atomic vibration through our skin and visualize it in our mind

we help more than 1000 blind people here in indonesia, we teach our military to be able shooting targets in the dark without nightvision, we teach them to detect landmine, we teach them to detect the victims of natural disaster

Shooting targets

Silat sparring

Dong xiao hu

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Sparring is not fighting. Target shooting is not the same as being in a fire fight.

OP
Mouzalina Mahfud

Mouzalina Mahfud

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
do you learn capoera in the street with strangers or training in class ? is your country train the military marksmanship skills in the training field or the actual battle field ?

think smart please, we teach the basic technique here in class, and it will help us in the street

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would love to see one of your practitioner's tested in a scientific test with real scientists (non-affiliated) present to see if they could duplicate any feats in a lab/range environment with all items provided by the scientists. Might be really interesting!

Most tests like this end up like the following:

I believe James Randi will pay a million dollars to anyone who shows that their psychic ability is real!

Skepticism is healthy. If this is real then you need to immediately have it verified by real scientists as it would be incredible. However, without scientists verifying it then well it is hard for anybody to believe it!

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
do you learn capoera in the street with strangers or training in class ? is your country train the military marksmanship skills in the training field or the actual battle field ?

think smart please, we teach the basic technique here in class, and it will help us in the street

Utter nonsense.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Help you in the street how? Avoiding dog poo maybe.

Juany118

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think the prejudice mentioned may come from something I am used to from the study of Japanese Martial arts, Aikido most notably. Aikido talks slot about your ki and that of the opponent. People see the context in which it is noted traditionally in teaching and then see the no touch stuff and dismiss it. Let me give an Aikido example.

There is a term for a series of throws that translates, roughly, into "breath throw." In some more traditional descriptions they speak about inhaling deeply as your opponent attacks, to absorb their ki, and then exhale upon the executing the throw to use their ki to power it. That is bollocks. What you are actually doing is this. In inhaling before you execute the throw and exhaling as it is executed you are loosening the diaphragm so you can have unhindered motion. If your diaphragm was contracted during the throw you would not be able to move as swiftly or smoothly. Then you are using the opponent's momentum (aka ki) to provide the primary motive power for the throw.

You have other similar things such as proper breathing generating ki energy to allow you to fight with a more clear mind. Again bollocks. What one is doing there is, use a natural physical reaction to your benefit. In fight or flight the dump of hormones causes the heart rate to rise. This can (short form because it's really complicated) reduce cognitive function, cause tunnel vision, auditory exclusion due to the fact the body thinks it needs to send more oxygen to power fight or flight vs thought, and cause a progressive degredation of fine motor skills much of this produced by the elevated heart rate.

This elevated heart rate (again all the follows is short form, it's really complicated) also causes a rise in respiration as more oxygen is needed due to more blood being pumped through the body. The thing is you can reduce the rise heart rate, to an extent, with proper breathing. By doing "tactical breathing", in some MA circles it is called dantian breathing, you bring in more oxygen per breath than the rapid breathing the hormone dump tries to force on you. This extra oxygen per breath means the heart doesn't have to pump as fast in order to provide the oxygen required by the fight or flight response. This keeping the heart rate down means that you reduced the effects on cognition, vision, hearing and fine motor skills.

TL;DR. Ki was used in the past to explain things that people observed but could not quantify due to the state of the science of the day. If one perpetuates any of the more "mystical" abilities today though and simply says "ki" instead of the quantifiable causes, similar to the examples I just provided, expect things to be dismissed. It's not prejudice, it's people knowing there are quantifiable answers to why things happen and when confronted with mysticism saying "show me the numbers.". This is called logic.

Reedone816

Blue Belt
Reaction score
merpati putih also learning MMA,
it was refreshing to see how open minded they're.
I still remember when they refused to enter sport silat competition, they said it was unsafe for the opponent.
Then they entered the sport competition, there they're complete devastated.
Then knowing someone who know to fight among their rank, they appoint him to teach MP how to fight in sport silat, even though the person has lower grade belt MP than the students he was entrusted, he taught them to not 'too honest' when fighting so the opponent can't guest where they're aiming at.
Years passed by, now MP has gold medalist among their rank.
and now following the trend after years in USA, they're learning part they're lack which is grappling...

Latest Discussions