Independent Organizations

R

RCastillo

Are there any good ones out there you readers would recommend? Or is it better to go with a recognized one, like the ITF, WTF?

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
My dojang is with a small (well not really small) org. Tae Kwon Do Won ( http://www.ustw.org/ ). We basically do WTF style forms and sparring (before BB), but the org allows the schools to mix whatever they want in. They are big on putting self defense back into TKD. Which we do a lot of.

Zepp

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The woods of Marin County, California, USA
I have to recommend my own org, the World Tae Kwon Do Association. We've got a lot in common with TSD, as our Grandmaster split with the KTA way back in the day, when they started to became sport oriented. No Olympians with us though. :D

Similar to us is the Chung Do Kwan Alliance which split from the WTA some years ago.

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Same here. My school does TKD forms, but is based on TSD as far as techniques and stuff. We do the TSD forms after black belt.

OP
C

Cliarlaoch

Kang Duk Won and the American and German off-shoots aren't all that bad. There's also the independent dojangs that pop up now and again across the country and globally. You just have to drive around and find them.

Of course, there's also the McTKD schools... *shudder* TigerDen in D.C. *bigger shudder*

OP
T

TKDman

Don't join anything that says Bubba or Sam's Choice.

Latest Discussions