In your life what was the highest pressure situation you have experienced and how did you handle it?

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad it didn't explode when in use. Sometimes my department gets laptops back and we just sake our heads at how so many people miss a really bad situation. Batteries would swell enough to crack open the case but the techs don't hear about it until 2 months later when the user "has time." We did have one set a desk on fire in the office from what other techs tell me.
This one never had any outward signs. It never even seemed especially hot when in use. Any other day of the year, we’d have lost the house, at the very least. It was 3 AM, and we were doing an all-night Lord of the Rings marathon.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love me some parachuting. But I have never had a bad incident. I have heard stories though.

I have always been afraid of heights. So 6 weeks after I finished a round of chemo (way too soon, still weak) I got certified to skydive.
On my very first jump, my lines were twisted. Because of course they were.

OP
C

Chrisinmd

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Really tough to narrow down. Physical danger, financial, social, family/friends/health?

As you know, life is a tough road!
Financial for me would be the time I went through a bankruptcy and car repossession in my early 20's. Tough and stressful situation but caused me to make much better money decisions from that point on. Now im in a comfortable situation money wise and dont that have stress at least!