Impartiality/lack of bias

Vajramusti

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I have worked with the Gurkhas for quite a few years now and know them well, my point about the Gurkha regiments was that the British army has opened up the regiments to all Nepalese not just Gurkhas now. The Gurungs are known as bullies to the others and aren't popular, my friend is a Gaha. The Nepalese claim India invaded and annexed part of Nepal hence my comment. I know that Indians have various facial structures as have the Nepalese etc but few have such pronounced Chniese features as this boxer.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have had two Gurungs to teach me kukhri usage. My school drill master (an Anglo-Indian)headed a police battalion with lots of Gurkhas in it. He also was lighthevy boxing champion of India. His duties prevented him from going to the Olympics.The Brits drew up the Indian-Nepalese map,

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have had two Gurungs to teach me kukhri usage. My school drill master (an Anglo-Indian)headed a police battalion with lots of Gurkhas in it. He also was lighthevy boxing champion of India. His duties prevented him from going to the Olympics.The Brits drew up the Indian-Nepalese map,

Well, don't shoot the messenger, I'm just telling you what was told me! I am very aware of the feelings of the various Gurkhas towards Gurungs here, I haven't had to deal with it directly but one is aware of what people think.
Where I am we have the Gurkha recruit training and many ex Gurkha Regiment soldiers live and work in the area, we have quite a large community.

Vajramusti

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Well, don't shoot the messenger, I'm just telling you what was told me! I am very aware of the feelings of the various Gurkhas towards Gurungs here, I haven't had to deal with it directly but one is aware of what people think.
Where I am we have the Gurkha recruit training and many ex Gurkha Regiment soldiers live and work in the area, we have quite a large community.
---------------------------------------------------

Good chatting with you.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
---------------------------------------------------

Good chatting with you.

It was more interesting than the Op at any rate lol. There's one think I should say about the Gurkhas here though before we stop...they must be the world's worst drivers! Honestly, they are amazingly bad at driving, makes life very interesting though lol. :)

Vajramusti

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
It was more interesting than the Op at any rate lol. There's one think I should say about the Gurkhas here though before we stop...they must be the world's worst drivers! Honestly, they are amazingly bad at driving, makes life very interesting though lol. :)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

They don't teach driving in Nepal !!!!!

Latest Discussions