I'm testing tonight

rachel

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I'm testing in less than an hour. I think I'm gonna be sick. It's stagefright I think. Oh well. Wish me luck.

Randy Strausbaugh

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Relax, breathe, and remember that your instructor wouldn't let you test if you were not ready.

Let us know how it goes. :)

Trying to avoid life's potholes,
Randy Strausbaugh

S

Scott Bonner

By the time you read this, it will be over, so I can only say I hope it went well and you feel proud of what you did, regardless of whether or not you got a new belt.

Peace,
Scott

Guiseppe Betri

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Rachel
Good luck, I'm sure you will do just fine. Remember if you weren't nervous, that meant you didn't want it.

Guiseppe Betri

Mace

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Best of luck to you! Your instructor wouldn't have you out there if you weren't ready. Let us know how it went.
Sean

C

clapping_tiger

I am not going to wish you luck, because you probably don't need it. Like it has been stated before, your instructor would not test you if you were not ready. Instead however, I would like to congratulate you because I am sure you did just fine. Best of luck to you.

OP
rachel

rachel

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Thank you! I passed! Blue belt with a green stripe.:) I found the drill of a thousand punches interesting and exhilarating. Anyone ever do that?I have some good size bruises on my arms but hey it goes with the territory.Can't wait to learn new things.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats on your new rank!!!! Keep up the hard work!!

MJS

Randy Strausbaugh

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Well done. I'm sure you'll wear your new rank with pride and honor.

Trying to avoid life's potholes,
Randy Strausbaugh

Jay Bell

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I found the drill of a thousand punches interesting and exhilarating. Anyone ever do that?

I've never done 1000 punches, but I've done 1000 sword cuts. Oddly, you feel like you can't do another...relax the muscles that feel overworked and suddenly your structure takes the brunt of it. Awesome stuff

A

ArnoldLee

I do 1000 hand basics in a row regularly, punches, back-knuckles, etc. Takes me about 20 minutes (don't try to rush them out). Man does it work the shoulders out. A great thing about the drill is when you get your mechanics down, you can pop out the movement in any context. Even in a new technique that you are just learning-- if it has that movement, hey you are ahead of the curve cause you've already done the mechanics thousands of times.

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
congrats! its good to take those nervous butterfly in the stomach feelings and channel it! don't hold it in!

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I know I'm late with this but Congratulations.
Wear it proudly (the belt and the bruises)
:asian:

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by rachel
Thank you! I passed! Blue belt with a green stripe.:) I found the drill of a thousand punches interesting and exhilarating. Anyone ever do that?I have some good size bruises on my arms but hey it goes with the territory.Can't wait to learn new things.

Congratulations Rachel.

No, I have never heard of the drill of a thousand punches. Please elaborate. Is this 1000 punches in the air? Right and left? With a partner? With blocks? With a medicine ball? On a bag? I guess I'm the only one who didn't get it. I don't see that anyone else asked.
:asian:

OP
rachel

rachel

Purple Belt
Reaction score
we had to get in a horse stance and do 1000 punches in a row. Our teacher would call out the punches.Back to knuckle, thrust punch,etc. We'd have to do them as though we were fighting for our lives. We were punching the air not anyone else.but we had to do it as though we were hitting someone.I found it quite empowering. When we were finished I felt as though I could take on anyone.

Latest Discussions