People's Banana Republic of Massachusettstan, Disu

Attachments

• $idiot sights.jpg
    $idiot sights.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 184

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
An oldie but a goodie. Did Birdman put his site back up, or was this just archived somewhere else?

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Do an MT search for 'gangsterize your glock'. This same thing has been on this site before. It's still funny though.

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Actually for the AR-15 using the side of the rifle as an aiming device at very close range is taught.

The high sight to bore axis of the AR makes close range precision shooting difficult. So they turn the AR on it's side while firing and use the barrel and deflector as a sight.

Guess it would not be hard to put a simple 'V" rear and bead on the side of a AR to make hommie sights. Bet they would be good to 50 yards to.

Deaf

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Guess it would not be hard to put a simple 'V" rear and bead on the side of a AR to make hommie sights. Bet they would be good to 50 yards to.

I'll just be all squirely and go out to 500 yards, and pull off some head shots.

BLACK LION

Black Belt
Reaction score
Actually for the AR-15 using the side of the rifle as an aiming device at very close range is taught.

The high sight to bore axis of the AR makes close range precision shooting difficult. So they turn the AR on it's side while firing and use the barrel and deflector as a sight.

Deaf

Its called the "Haught" technique. It works well in close quarters when clearing corners and what not. I use it and it works for me. I ordered a 12" rail for my 6.8 upper just so I could mount a small holosight on the end of the 3 oclock rail. Some have them mounted to the rear on the receiver itself. Try it next time at the range... if you have a pump action shotgun it takes a lil practice reloading and keeping the recoil off your face....

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm still a fan of the old "point and shoot" method with the M-16. Lay your index finger along the side of the heat shield and point at your target. Worked well enough for room clearing "back in the day." ;)

Latest Discussions