I'm Human

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My nephew posted this on FB, I had to post it here.

[video=youtube_share;IJymVGJ3Eag]http://youtu.be/IJymVGJ3Eag[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
An interesting concept to get a myriad people to reveal a personal snippet of the human condition.

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Well I liked it :)

I could say to twenty or thirty, "Yes! I am with you!" And but yet everyone has their own circumstance and nobody is defined by just one slogan, still to have something in common with someone is to know we are never entirely alone.

Thank you for posting.

OP
Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm a Father

I'm not a father, but I delivered a baby girl into this world and she calls me her dad even though I never saw her after her first year of life. I'm not her biological dad and I didn't raise her; but she's the closest thing I have to a child and I'm the closest thing she has to a father.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm not a father, but I delivered a baby girl into this world and she calls me her dad even though I never saw her after her first year of life. I'm not her biological dad and I didn't raise her; but she's the closest thing I have to a child and I'm the closest thing she has to a father.

I delivered a baby once in a parking lot in Feb. It was freezing out and I was grossed out. I never yelled into my radio like that people trying to hurry the medics Up. They got there just as the babay popped out into my hands. I stayed up on the clean end for all my childrens births that was a WHOLE different world seeing it from that end.

OP
Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I delivered a baby once in a parking lot in Feb. It was freezing out and I was grossed out. I never yelled into my radio like that people trying to hurry the medics Up. They got there just as the babay popped out into my hands. I stayed up on the clean end for all my childrens births that was a WHOLE different world seeing it from that end.

Mine was in a hospital. I was living with a girl who was pregnant when she moved in with me. I helped deliver the baby, cut the umbilical cord, and for the next year, I was daddy to her. Then her mom and I went our separate ways and I never saw her again until I met her online recently. I answered as many questions as I knew the answers to about her biological father and the situation of her birth. It wasn't much, but it was the best I could do. She wasn't my daughter, but after a year of rocking, feeding, walking, and changing diapers, you bond. At least I did.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Mine was in a hospital. I was living with a girl who was pregnant when she moved in with me. I helped deliver the baby, cut the umbilical cord, and for the next year, I was daddy to her. Then her mom and I went our separate ways and I never saw her again until I met her online recently. I answered as many questions as I knew the answers to about her biological father and the situation of her birth. It wasn't much, but it was the best I could do. She wasn't my daughter, but after a year of rocking, feeding, walking, and changing diapers, you bond. At least I did.

Big difference between a Father and a Daddy. You were most def. a Daddy.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I enjoyed the video (the lazy guy was funny). But Tez is right, no one term can totally identify a person but it's what was probably the first thing on their minds when asked the question. So it says a lot about the person. Surprisingly honest as well.
To me the video says that we are all part of the same species and that it's a mistake to separate us into classes, groups and races. Some have it better than others, some have it worse, yet they're still human. It was an important lesson for me to learn as a former racist (growing up in rural Tennessee during the 60's & 70's) that no one race is worse than the others and that we all human beings. We all bleed the same in the dark.

I think it would be neat to have a separate thread here on MT to do basically the same thing. Each of us (including the lurkers ... if you're going to post at least once on this forum) could make one (honest) statement about yourselves. It'd make for interesting reading I think.

Thanks for bringing that over from FB Bill. :asian:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I enjoyed the video (the lazy guy was funny). But Tez is right, no one term can totally identify a person but it's what was probably the first thing on their minds when asked the question. So it says a lot about the person. Surprisingly honest as well.
To me the video says that we are all part of the same species and that it's a mistake to separate us into classes, groups and races. Some have it better than others, some have it worse, yet they're still human. It was an important lesson for me to learn as a former racist (growing up in rural Tennessee during the 60's & 70's) that no one race is worse than the others and that we all human beings. We all bleed the same in the dark.

I think it would be neat to have a separate thread here on MT to do basically the same thing. Each of us (including the lurkers ... if you're going to post at least once on this forum) could make one (honest) statement about yourselves. It'd make for interesting reading I think.

Thanks for bringing that over from FB Bill. :asian:

I'm right? that surprised me as I've just got in from nights and have only just seen this thread.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
Bill Mattock said:
Mine was in a hospital. I was living with a girl who was pregnant when she moved in with me. I helped deliver the baby, cut the umbilical cord, and for the next year, I was daddy to her. Then her mom and I went our separate ways and I never saw her again until I met her online recently. I answered as many questions as I knew the answers to about her biological father
Yand the situation of her birth. It wasn't much, but it was the best I could do. She wasn't my daughter, but after a year of rocking, feeding, walking, and changing diapers, you bond. At least I did.

You are a good man. :asian:

john2054

Green Belt
Reaction score
Nice one Bill. I wasn't there for my step daughters birth but I held her little hands when she was pre one, and helped her walk. These are precious times you know?

OP
Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks, all. This is my 'daughter'. She surprised me when I got a FB request to list me as her 'father'. I asked her if she understood that I wasn't her biological dad. She said "Yes, but you're the closest thing I have." Broke my heart. So I listed her as my 'daughter' as well. Well, after I explained the situation to my wife!

View attachment $shayne.jpg

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good one, Bill. Nice post and nice job...............