I'm buying a pair of shoes

karatemom

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hey Many,
The shoes are mainly to keep me from repeating the same injury (big toe stuck to the mat). At first I could not pivot at all or hardly put any weight on that foot (I didn't walk for 6 wks). I've been back training for about 5 or 6 weeks now and I can pivot and put weight on that foot - my main issue with the shoes is where the pivot point is (the red dot thing on the bottom) is below the ball of my foot so it's not helping me. My toe still hurts when I come down on it or try to do outside crescents - my balance for side kicks is still off and so are my back stances. That's why I'm saying I'm almost ready to stop wearing them. It's harder to pivot and do stances with the shoes on. Keep in mind I had do buy specific ones - if you can wear any kind you may be able to find ones that don't cause these issues plus they only make men's TKD shoes in the kind I have so that could be another issue for me. Not sure if I helped you or not.

Liam Cullen

White Belt
Reaction score
As other have already said Adidas do some pretty decent TKD shoes. However if you want something with some ankle support like wrestling shoes I'd personally recommend the Dictator shoes from Mooto. I bought a pair for MMA and they basically feel exactly like my old adidas TKD shoes but with added support.

Latest Discussions