I quit coffee

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coffee... one of the loveliest smells in the world.

Too bad it tastes like ***.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Coffee is the elixir of life! Imagine a world with coffee. (shudder)

The coffee must flow. (as Brian walks inside to start another pot)

:)

Scott T

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Normally I brew my own coffee at work, and I drink several large cups per day. Yesterday I was drinking my first cup and for some reason, it didn't have that draw it did before. It was like my body was telling me 'You don't need this. Coffee is not good for you'. Suddenly, coffee felt wrong.

A couple hours later I went to my first session in the gym (during lunchtime) where they measured my weight, body fat, and blood pressure. The coach told me my blood pressure was slightly above limit (15 over 10) and that if it was lasting, I'd need to see a doctor. Of course, as soon as I told my wife she badgered me into making an appointment right away (that'll be later this evening).

Anyway, I've always known that coffee has an effect on me, and the experience this morning really felt like my body was trying to tell me something. And I've always held the believe that if your body (or your subconscious for that matter) is trying to tell you something, you should listen.

Today I decided to skip my coffee ritual and just drink water. And I have to admit, the difference is noticeable. I am less jittery at work, my insides are happier, and I just feel better. So far, I don't have serious caffeine withdrawal. I do have a headache, but that could be attributed to the fact that yesterday I exercised many shoulder muscles which are complaining loudly today.

I am of course still going to the doctor today, and I don't think that the coffee is related to my blood pressure, but so far I have to say that life without coffee seems better.
And I quit self gratification.

Oh, wait. No I didn't.

On a little more serious note, the same happened with me and cigarettes a few years ago. Bought a new pack one afternoon and on my second out of the pack it's like a switch turned off. I butted out, tossed the rest of the pack to a friend and was done with smoking. Well, except for the occasional Cuban.

Phil_n.ireland

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Coffee is awesome I don't know how people can survive without it

If size mattered the elephant would be king of the jungle

Phil_n.ireland

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
And I quit self gratification.

Oh, wait. No I didn't.

On a little more serious note, the same happened with me and cigarettes a few years ago. Bought a new pack one afternoon and on my second out of the pack it's like a switch turned off. I butted out, tossed the rest of the pack to a friend and was done with smoking. Well, except for the occasional Cuban.

Please share your smoking secrets I just can't find it that easy

If size mattered the elephant would be king of the jungle

Latest Discussions