I no longer care about Jeet Kune Do

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
no you dont, but thats not what he is doing, he is putting a % on it, but not saying what that % is, other than its greater than, ,,,

that needs data

No 1% is a colloquialism. Generally either used for very rich people or bikies.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
i. not weasling out im just to busy laughting at you asking which artic ?

id go to norway, thats a country not at all near Greenland
Cool. So did a quick search. Again, assuming you're in manchester at the moment. The first 3 sites I checked that's a 4 hour flight on its own. So when you include driving/bussing to the airport, boarding, departing, finding an ice cap to hike and getting there, it would take you a fair bit more than 4 hours.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
so, in essance you have no idea what the participant number are

It only has to be one to apply in this case though. Because it is applied to a specific person.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Cool. So did a quick search. Again, assuming you're in manchester at the moment. The first 3 sites I checked that's a 4 hour flight on its own. So when you include driving/bussing to the airport, boarding, departing, finding an ice cap to hike and getting there, it would take you a fair bit more than 4 hours.
4 hours then like i said,i only guested thats pretty dam good

nb, you dont have to find AN ice cap, there is only one flippin ice cap, im not sure how many times i have to tell you the same thing

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
4 hours then like i said,i only guested thats pretty dam good

nb, you dont have to find AN ice cap, there is only one flippin ice cap, im not sure how many times i have to tell you the same thing
The artic is that area. You were talking about hiking an ice cap. Since you said norway and not greenland (where the only northern ice sheet is) I assumed that you meant an ice cap rather than the ice sheet. In which case there are multiple. Here's a list of some of them in norway. And before you argue about whether those are ice caps or glaciers, read the first paragraph of this.

..now what does any of this have to do with jeet kune do? I think we got a bit sidetracked here, over something very unimportant.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The artic is that area. You were talking about hiking an ice cap. Since you said norway and not greenland (where the only northern ice sheet is) I assumed that you meant an ice cap rather than the ice sheet. In which case there are multiple. Here's a list of some of them in norway. And before you argue about whether those are ice caps or glaciers, read the first paragraph of this.

..now what does any of this have to do with jeet kune do? I think we got a bit sidetracked here, over something very unimportant.
the cap is the top, thats where caps generaly go, there a( note the singular as in one) big ice cap that runs all the way from norway to greenland, and all the other places that cross the artic meridian, jeez mate buy a globe , its flipin round

Last edited:

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
it only has to ve one person out of millions to count as one % , youve lost me mate

Yeah. The one person in question. Either he does obstical corses and is training for that eventuality or he doesn't and Maby better off training something else.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
the cap is the top, thats where caps generaly go, there a( note the singular as in one) big ice cap that runs all the way from norway to greenland, and all the other places that cross the artic meridian, jeez mate buy a globe , its flipin round

How many people walk ice caps?

stanly stud

Blue Belt
Reaction score
im excesivly fit for a 61 one year old, i just dont waste time on training for an hour when i can get a better result in 5 minutes,

as for cycling im currently working my way up to a 300 mile tour, that however is time consuming, there is no way to train to cycle for 5 hours with out , spending 5 hours cycling
:rolleyes:
Do you seriously read what you post ?

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score

The Earth has two polar ice caps. One on top in the ArCtic Ocean and the other in the south around the AntarCtic.

They are also referred to as ice sheets and there are also smaller spots can still be referred to as "ice caps".

ice cap

An ice cap is a glacier, a thick layer of ice and snow, that covers fewer than 50,000 square kilometers (19,000 square miles). Glacial ice covering more than 50,000 square kilometers (19,000 square miles) is called an ice sheet.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The Earth has two polar ice caps. One on top in the ArCtic Ocean and the other in the south around the AntarCtic.

They are also referred to as ice sheets and there are also smaller spots can still be referred to as "ice caps".

ice cap

An ice cap is a glacier, a thick layer of ice and snow, that covers fewer than 50,000 square kilometers (19,000 square miles). Glacial ice covering more than 50,000 square kilometers (19,000 square miles) is called an ice sheet.
there both on top depending which way up you are when viewing them, the concept that the earth has the north at the top and soulth at the bottom is a total fabrication ( and what tends to confuse flat earther and you it seem)and just convention that has its roots in the first map makers comibg from the north

but i did specify the artic ice cap, that the one with the north pole,( currently) that sort of rules out the Antarctic from the discusion, but hell dont let that stop you

i kbow quite a bit about Antarctica , we can discuss that if you like

Last edited:

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
there both on top depending which way up you are when viewing them, the concept that the earth has the north at the top and soulth at the bottom is a total fabrication ( and what tends to confuse flat earther and you it seem)and just convention that has its roots in the first map makers comibg from the north

but i did specify the artic ice cap, that the one with the north pole,( currently) that sort of rules out the Antarctic from the discusion, but hell dont let that stop you

i kbow quite a bit about Antarctica , we can discuss that if you like

You're the one that said the "ice cap" is "on top" in reference to the Arctic polar ice cap and said there was only one. Thus my statement and calling it the "top" and referencing the other at the southern end (notice I never called it "the bottom"). There are also many "ice caps" according to National Geographic and not just one (the link).

So, once again be wrong and play semantic games to look smart.

PS: its the arCtic not the artic.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
You're the one that said the "ice cap" is "on top" in reference to the Arctic polar ice cap and said there was only one. Thus my statement and calling it the "top" and referencing the other at the southern end (notice I never called it "the bottom"). There are also many "ice caps" according to National Geographic and not just one (the link).

So, once again be wrong and play semantic games to look smart.

PS: its the arCtic not the artic.
but there is only one artic ice cap???

Mider

Brown Belt
Reaction score
The Wong Jack Man fight in Oakland is shrouded in mystery, but clearly Bruce Lee was dissatisfied enough with the result that he started to move away from modified wing chun and more toward a converted southpaw
boxing style. Bruce watched films of Ali in a mirror to develop the right lead. Bruce also studied Robinson, Pep,
Louis, and Dempsey. Bruce studied books by Dempsey and others, including the United States Navy
boxing manual. What Bruce Lee did not do was swallow his pride and glove up in some Oakland boxing gym, putting his right lead boxing AGAINST BOXERS. I will grant that Lee could beat any of his own students and hold his own with the likes of Norris, Lewis, and stone. However, the fact remains that Bruce refused to put
headgear on and box boxers. Since JKD is right lead boxing with eye jabs, side kicks, and a few other techniques thrown in, it seems to me that it should be more reality based. MMA and the UFC are about as real
as one can get without athletes being killed or maimed. For decades I worshipped Bruce Lee, and Jeet Kune Do
was the martial arts. Now, I view wing chun as a mediocre Chinese style and JKD as part of a long chain of
developments leading to the first UFC in 1993
You do know that Bruce Lee did have a boxing match which he won...and he trained boxing right?

and that James DeMile who trained under Lee was a boxer...and Jesse Glover was a champion judoka ?

and Dan Inosanto was a champion martial artist too?

Lee sparred all his students...

Latest Discussions