I never saw a man beat a snake before!

Ender

Black Belt
Reaction score
Some very good points made.

Yes at over 40 feet you run. They recently ran a simulation on the history channel about the OK corral. the simul studied reactions, shots fired and shots hit....targets were about 15-20 feet apart.out of approximately 50 shots fired, only about 6 actually struck the target. thats only about 12%!! so odds are you won't get shot unless the gunman is an good marksman.

using the wallet to get him closer is a good strategy if they are close enough. another is to talk softly and calmly to the attacker. and try to get him to let his gaurd down, if even for a second.

I beleive 4-6 feet is the maximum distance that anyone could deal with a gunman. beyond that i feel you are pushing your luck

J

jeffkyle

Originally posted by Kirk
I had a gun put in my face before ... I'd say 4 - 6 inches away.
I had no gun defense knowledge at the time (compared to very
little right now). It wasn't fun! But a million thoughts ran through
my mind in a second! I even thought about who was going to
show up at my funeral. I was a clerk at a convenience store,
and got robbed.

When the police came, they asked "how tall was he?" ... my reply
was "I dunno". They asked "what color were his eyes?" ... my
reply was "I dunno". They asked "what was he wearing?" ... my
reply was "I dunno". They asked what type of gun it was ... my
reply was "A smith and wesson 357 magnum, blue steel with a
six inch barrel, and what looked like pearl handled grips".

FUNNY the things we remember! ;)

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kirk,

The weapon is the thing the victim ALWAYS remembers. You are not by yourself in that. Unless trained to do otherwise, it is a great frustration for law enforcement not to be a able to get good ID's from Violent Crime victim's. We are all eternally grateful for video cameras in stores & banks now. But lots of VC occurs outside those monitored areas and Victim Testimony is all we have to go on. You can see our problem with proving up a case if all you remember is the gun ... and they ditched that.

Sorry this happened to you, it is always a traumatic event.

Oss,
-Michael

Latest Discussions