I need a good flexibility video

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Flexibility is one glaring weakness of mine, and I've been making it a priority. I do a lot of stretching on my own, but sometimes it's good to have some extra instruction to keep me on task.

Can anyone recommend a good DVD? I prefer the slow deliberate movements commonly found in Pilates and yoga, but it doesn't have to be specifically that.

Thanks!

OP
Flea

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Looks interesting! Do they have something at a beginner level?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Ultimate Flexibility DVD by Sang H Kim

http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Flexibility-Stretching-Martial-Arts/dp/B000MGBM5Y

Power Yoga - Flexibility by Rodney Yee

http://www.amazon.com/Power-Yoga-Flexibility-Rodney-Yee/dp/B00062DKO0

I have used the Sang H Kim DVD and it is not bad and has different levels, I also hve he book
I have never used the Rodney Yee DVD but I do have other DVDs of his and I tend to like them as well

EDIT
Warning: - I will say this; Rodney Yee is doing Power Yoga and he can be pretty face paced and I have not seen this video so I have no idea how fast he goed. As for Sang H Kim, I thought it was a done pretty well and at a good pace.

WCman1976

Orange Belt
Reaction score
There is a workout program called Tai Cheng from Beachbody that is good for gaining flexibility.

Lightning Ram

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Looks interesting! Do they have something at a beginner level?

Paul's (elastic videos) are toward beginner level on up. Geared toward the Martial Artist, with teaching hip rotation warm up, light stretching warm up, using castor oil for warm up and after to keep the soreness out of your muscles after workout. Geared toward the stretching of every muscle, upper and lower body and hips.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Don't you know that you can't learn from a video? Haven't you been paying attention to all the anti video threads? Find an instructor... :)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paul's (elastic videos) are toward beginner level on up. Geared toward the Martial Artist, with teaching hip rotation warm up, light stretching warm up, using castor oil for warm up and after to keep the soreness out of your muscles after workout. Geared toward the stretching of every muscle, upper and lower body and hips.

Please tell me you don't have to drink the castor oil! I for one don't need to be that loose.. :)

MikeBielat

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Go to YouTube and look up A guy going by elasticsteel. He has a ton of stretching videos on there which are great.

Latest Discussions