Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Always been a go to strike for me.

Glad you're okay, bro.

Prostar

Green Belt
Reaction score
That quickly becomes a self teaching moment. You figure out all kinds of things to not have that happen again.

Langenschwert

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
It's better to get hit in the training hall for the first time than in a real altercation. It's important to get "inoculated" to that kind of thing. You don't want the first time you get clocked to be out on the street. You'll freeze and then you'll get stomped.

For good or ill, I'm one of those guys that has to get punched in the face before my brain tells me I'm in a fight. It's not so bad. Getting punched in friendly competition and training is kind of fun.

OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It's better to get hit in the training hall for the first time than in a real altercation. It's important to get "inoculated" to that kind of thing. You don't want the first time you get clocked to be out on the street. You'll freeze and then you'll get stomped.

For good or ill, I'm one of those guys that has to get punched in the face before my brain tells me I'm in a fight. It's not so bad. Getting punched in friendly competition and training is kind of fun.
I tell students the same thing all the time, that it's better to get hit in training because the strikes aren't coming in full force. It's actually the only time anyone can afford to learn from being hit. The good news is that it's a lesson that will stick with me.