I finally did it !!

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
XD i really brought this thread to life...
threads are converations, they stop when people run out of things to say, there no point in resurrecting them unless you have something new to add .

which clearly you havent in this case or in several other cases, all it does is push current stuff down the board and irritate people who have wasted time clicking on it, to find youve added nothing at all

Razznik

Blue Belt
Reaction score
threads are converations, they stop when people run out of things to say, there no point in resurrecting them unless you have something new to add .

which clearly you havent in this case or in several other cases, all it does is push current stuff down the board and irritate people who have wasted time clicking on it, to find youve added nothing at all
Yes, but why are people posting on this thread? Because they have something to say? Why are you posting on this thread? Because you have something to say XD

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yes, but why are people posting on this thread? Because they have something to say? Why are you posting on this thread? Because you have something to say XD
the thing i have to say is you wasted my time, by resutecting a thread and adding nothing, now ive wasted more time explaining it to you.

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score

We're explaining to you that we are displeased with your selfish need to resurrect dead threads. If you want to spark a conversation, create a new one. If you want to participate in a conversation, participate in one that is already going.

So yes, you've started a conversation...about how annoying you are. Is that really what you want?

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is no rule against reviving an old thread. If there were, we would simply lock all the old threads.
If you don't want to spend time involved in a zombie thread, the solution is simple; don't. Nobody forces you to read or post in a resurrected thread. And, of course, if you find a poster annoying, you have the option of clicking the IGNORE button. Problem solved.

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
There is no rule against reviving an old thread. If there were, we would simply lock all the old threads.
If you don't want to spend time involved in a zombie thread, the solution is simple; don't. Nobody forces you to read or post in a resurrected thread. And, of course, if you find a poster annoying, you have the option of clicking the IGNORE button. Problem solved.

Except, as @jobo said, it pushes other threads down...the ones that are actually active. I have put this poster on ignore, but I still see the threads he revived, because I don't have the OP on ignore. Even if I did, that would simply shrink the front page instead of loading more threads.

Problem not solved.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
02820C44-A8B8-4BAC-B910-3F7F6787123F.png

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Except, as @jobo said, it pushes other threads down...the ones that are actually active. I have put this poster on ignore, but I still see the threads he revived, because I don't have the OP on ignore. Even if I did, that would simply shrink the front page instead of loading more threads.

Problem not solved.

Well, difficult as it may be for you to scroll down the screen, you're just going to have to suck it up.

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, difficult as it may be for you to scroll down the screen, you're just going to have to suck it up.

As I said, that doesn't even resolve the issue, because ignored threads don't bump threads from page 2 to page 1.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
As I said, that doesn't even resolve the issue, because ignored threads don't bump threads from page 2 to page 1.

I'm sorry your mouse finger is soooooo overworked. You must be exhausted!
But, ironically, you've made more necro posts in this thread than the user you're griping about. You know... doing the same thing you're griping about...
Isn't there a word for that? It's right on the tip of my tongue... hmmmm...

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
But, ironically, you've made more necro posts in this thread than the user you're griping about. You know... doing the same thing you're griping about...

It was already necro'd. I never necro'd it.

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score

I was replying to the active conversation started by the necro poster. It was a direct response to an active participant. His response was to a thread that hadn't been touched since 2011. The person he responded to hasn't been active on this site in over a month, this thread in almost 10 years. The OP of the thread has been offline for around 2 years. Many people in this thread haven't been on in several years.

In contrast, my response was to a post made less than 24 hours ago, to a person who has been online since I made that response. My responses in this thread have been within hours of the person making the comment.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Y'know, folks, sometimes a new member ends up bouncing threads that have been dormant back to active. That can be a good thing, bringing new insights to the topic or stirring up action in quiet sections of the overall forum.

And sometimes, they've just tripped over something and not noticed the age.

You know what's not friendly or nice? Harassing, berating, and hounding them about it. Especially if it turns into a dog pile.

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Y'know, folks, sometimes a new member ends up bouncing threads that have been dormant back to active. That can be a good thing, bringing new insights to the topic or stirring up action in quiet sections of the overall forum.

And sometimes, they've just tripped over something and not noticed the age.

You know what's not friendly or nice? Harassing, berating, and hounding them about it. Especially if it turns into a dog pile.

Except, this is exactly what he said:

"Congrats even though this thread is 9 years old!"

Is "congrats" a new insight? The first 10 responses said either: congrats, grats, congratulations, or similar. After that, it's "good job", "well done", and a few more "congrats" to go around.

He also said "even though this thread is 9 years old!" He knew damn well what he was doing.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Well I finally did it and earned my 1st Degree Black Belt in Shaolin Kung Fu !!!! No it is time to dig into the 2nd degree curriculum, more Longfist and 5 Animals to come !!! Currently training Panther and Butterfly swords :)
Congrats
Thread revived

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Except, this is exactly what he said:

"Congrats even though this thread is 9 years old!"

Is "congrats" a new insight? The first 10 responses said either: congrats, grats, congratulations, or similar. After that, it's "good job", "well done", and a few more "congrats" to go around.

He also said "even though this thread is 9 years old!" He knew damn well what he was doing.
So, you begrudge him congratulating someone?
Read that sentence again...

Latest Discussions